LegacyGT.com

Climate Control in head unit has stopped working

Hi guys,

My Climate Control portion of the head unit stopped working (no lights, no buttons works) yesterday.

June with no AC... how incredibly lame.

I went in to the dealership and asked for a head unit replacement, they say it can be as much as three weeks.

Has anyone else had issues with their Climate Control system? More specifically on the LGT limited.

I asked if at the same time I could pay extra to get the VDC version, which would give me MP3 playback and they said no :(

Cheers

I havent had any problems besides the regular It just sucks problems..

The reason they wont let you 'upgrade' to the VDC model is that for warranty exchange they need to order the same part they are replacing or they have to pay for the part directly out of their budget.

:(

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

This might sound a little weird, but did you try pushing the CD eject button? Check out the 'oddest radio problem' thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3339. This happened to me one time, and for some reason everything came back when I pushed the eject button. Only reason I pushed it is because I figured I'd try to get my CD's out of it before taking it in to the dealer. Problem hasn't occured since that one instance.

my first crazy occurence:

today i was driving around and my volume jumped from 10 to 15 to 2 then 4 then 8 then 2 again. wtf was that all about?

i put the volume back to 10 and it didn't happen again.

lol that is crazy!

Its called speed sensitive, gee u must have been off and on the gas and brake a bit .... lol only joking. Unsure what thats all about but hmm not good. If it happens again, get it checked out but u know what the dealer is going to say.... hmm not much.

Ada///M.

So I got in touch with the dealer and they ordered a new head unit.

Fuses are all fine. Tried resetting ECU. Removed Head unit to check connectors.

I am going to pick up the new Head Unit on Friday morning.

I have NOT tried the Eject button trick yet as I am on a business trip in Florida. Will try that first when I get home tomorrow.

Thanks to all for posts.

So here's the final verdict:

The Eject button solution did not work.

The head unit replacement did work.

The parts manager told me this was the third head unit he was changing for this reason. Interesting that the service advisor did not mention that in the first place...

Thanks again to all for posts.

Archived