LegacyGT.com

Newest purchase for next STi swap project.

Does anyone on this thread know what year of the WRX swap is best for out BD's?

Any EJ* engine will pretty much bolt right up for a swap. The choice is really up to you. Although, if you plan on running a lot of boost I would recommend a closed-deck block like an EJ20G or a completely closed-deck block like the EJ22(T).

that poor rex atleast you came up on alot of goodies with it

Yup! 'Tis sad. But, it'll all be revived and Frankenstein'd into a BD so it's all good. :)

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• 1 year later...
Nothing major yet. In the next two to three weeks I'll be doing the motor and possibly the transmission swap though. I'll post pictures and stuff. :)

that impreza isnt bad but the head and tail lights are hideous! Gonna be a sweet swap though. I plan on buying a wrecked STi and swapping it into my wagon with Adaptronics standalone. It will be quite some time before that though, a house would benefit me much more :p

that impreza isnt bad but the head and tail lights are hideous! Gonna be a sweet swap though. I plan on buying a wrecked STi and swapping it into my wagon with Adaptronics standalone. It will be quite some time before that though, a house would benefit me much more :p

The Impreza is already gone. Honestly, I really like that body style but I'm such a Legacy guy that I couldn't bring myself to own one... We will, however, be using that Impreza body for a rally car. I can't wait to beat that thing up in the coolest way. There will be many, MANY pictures and videos in the future. :)

I have a wagon, I've slept in it. It's not the most comfortable thing but it does the trick. And yea I do like the impreza's but how many Ken Block fanboi Legacy guys have you met? Nothing against imprezas or the owners, but there are SO many young kids buying/getting WRXs and STis it makes me sick. Every Legacy guy I have met has been awesome, usually pretty knowledgeable or at least honest and not BSing their way through a conversation acting like they know everything. I have gained SO much knowledge from bbs.legacycentral.org from my first 5 first-gen legacies and now I'm in the second gen and I love it... I just don't love the NA Auto haha, thats why it will be changed as soon as I can

+1 for bbs.legacyentral. There is an overwhelming amount of info over there along with some of the most knowledgeable subaru guys out there.

sti_044, what first-gens did you have? Did you have an SS or two? I love mine! :) It still needs some upgrades and a few bugs worked out after I replaced the HGs. I gave it to my wife and now she won't share it, lol. But she'll be jealous after I do the swap into my wagon.

I have a wagon, I've slept in it. It's not the most comfortable thing but it does the trick. And yea I do like the impreza's but how many Ken Block fanboi Legacy guys have you met? Nothing against imprezas or the owners, but there are SO many young kids buying/getting WRXs and STis it makes me sick. Every Legacy guy I have met has been awesome, usually pretty knowledgeable or at least honest and not BSing their way through a conversation acting like they know everything. I have gained SO much knowledge from bbs.legacycentral.org from my first 5 first-gen legacies and now I'm in the second gen and I love it... I just don't love the NA Auto haha, thats why it will be changed as soon as I can

Amen +2

I got a 93 legacy wagon NA from my grandma for free for my first car and loved it. That thing took a beating. Just imagine the stupid things a wagon full of high school males would do, it did it all. Went to a 93 turbo leg that was rear ended which made me rear end the car in front of me, sold that and bought a pretty well build RWD turbo leg (the radioflyer is it's nickname if you've heard of it). Tranny started going out and couldnt afford to fix it so I sold it and bought a stock 91 SS and did all of the work myself and had it pretty decked out. revtronics stage 2 chip with a td05, I could light up all 4 tires easily. Couldn't stop putting money into it (mods, upgrades, maintenance, etc.) so I sold it and bought a 92 FWD auto to get me buy til I could find a car worth making payments on which ended up being my current wagon. So this is my 6th Legacy. I had an MR2 after my first wagon but other than that every car I've owned has been a Legacy haha

Sorry not trying to hijack your thread. and yes, more pics would be great :D

+1 for bbs.legacyentral. There is an overwhelming amount of info over there along with some of the most knowledgeable subaru guys out there.

sti_044, what first-gens did you have? Did you have an SS or two? I love mine! :) It still needs some upgrades and a few bugs worked out after I replaced the HGs. I gave it to my wife and now she won't share it, lol. But she'll be jealous after I do the swap into my wagon.

Ooooh, I love radioflyer! I came across a Rio Red SS w/5MT here in SLC at a crappy used car auto lot. Garage kept and clean. Wish I could have bought it but I already had my black SS. If I was rich I would get a warehouse and stockpile first gen tleggys.

But I digress, sorry eekay, lol. ;) What engine is in your STi donor swap?

rio_red.thumb.jpg.2c7fd1eba21780c216514a237fa3637a.jpg

Archived