LegacyGT.com

Please help with Cronic brake vibration

gstreev

I bought my 05 LGT new in 06 as a leftover. On my drive home I noticed brake vibration when applied over 45 MPH. Dealer cut rotors, came back again, dealer cut them again. When I needed pads I replaced the rotors front and back. This time I tired some cross drilled rotors on the front, 15K later the vibration is back. I guess you cant cut these so new rotors again?

Could there be some other problem, wheel bearing, binding caliper?

I thinking about this kit that uses Wilwood calipers, rotors, pads, SS lines for $869. http://www.revolutionbrake.com/production-brake-kits.html

Has anyone used these and will the fit my stock rims?

Or should I just go back to another set of non drilled or slotted rotors/

I drive pretty hard, but I don't track or autocross & at 79K I'm still on the original clutch. I never had a car with brake vibration like this and this is like nearly my 20th turbo / performance car.

They don't list anything for Subaru... :confused:

They don't but Ebay does and its the same company that sells them on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Big-Brake-Kit-LEGACY-Subaru-13-4-piston-Wilwood-calpr-/150603284591?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2310a7c06f

Not the right brake kit for you? Well, we have over 1200 different big brake upgrades some of which are available in our eBay store and at the revolutionbrake website. Or call one of our friendly reps with your specific needs at 541-488-5638. If we don't have the brake kit you need, we'll make it just for you.

Your brake pads are leaving deposits on the rotors, get new brake pads and follow a good bed-in procedure to clear off the deposits

He means get new DIFFERENT brake pads. Not the same crappy OEM ones.

Archived