LegacyGT.com

Questions about 2011 GT

vapore0n

Ive had my 05 STI for all these years, and I think its time to part.

Looking into a 2011GT with Nav and I have a few questions about it.

Does streaming music over Bluetooth work with this vehicle? Like can I connect using my phone, and stream pandora, mp3s, etc?

Does the head unit control the ipod?

Does the GT come with the subwoofer?

Does the GT come with fog lights?

How much suck does the nav have? I have a Kenwood unit with build in navin the STI and its great. Id swap it but I do know Ill loose all my connections to the bluetooth mic, and wheel controls.

How would you compare the Legacy 6spd with the STI 6 spd transmission? I like mine, even though its hard to get on gears when its cold outside.

For the rest Ill have to go take a spin on one, though dealers over here have only the 3.6 and not the GT

For your first 4 ?s the answer is yes. As for the nav, I'm happy with it, it has worked well for me. I use to use a garmin unit and I like this better. I can't comment on the 6 spd. I never drove an STi and my '05 LGT was a 5 spd. Where do you live, if your close you can check mine out.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Ok. I have the nav, media package and the OE integration is great. Although one of the biggest drawbacks is that you can't stream music via BT AND use BT hands free calling.

The HU will control an iPod.

If you go OE nav you will need to do the nav ground hack. Once in motion over 5mph, pretty much everything is locked out.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Although I don't have the OE navi, I can put a few cents in for the other questions.

I've not tried to stream music over the BT. However, if you get an aux. cable, you could play music through the aux. port while the phone is connected to the hands free device.

Yes to the three "Does it have" questions.

I've not driven an STI, so I can't compare the two. I have, however, driven a 2011 WRX and the trannies are similar.

Hope these answers help.

- Jeremy

I just read in another thread to unpair the BT hands free and pair via media streaming.....by doing that you can stream music and use BT hands free. I still need to actually try to see if it works. I'll report in once I do.

I just read in another thread to unpair the BT hands free and pair via media streaming.....by doing that you can stream music and use BT hands free. I still need to actually try to see if it works. I'll report in once I do.

Ok. I got the BT hands free & BT stream to work. Unfortunately, the BT streaming doesn't display any track info. You can only play/ pause/ volume.

I can confirm the tranny was a bit fussy in the cold weather last year.

I had shifting trouble in the cold weather, I changed my gear oil to Red Line Shock Proof, it seemed to help.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

Archived