LegacyGT.com

large amounts of brake dust?

tbperry

I just bought my 05 LGT about a week ago and I gave it a bath 3 days ago. I already noticed a bit of build up of brake dust / general nasty crap on the front rims, especially the drivers side. It wasn't horrid but it was noticeable. So I cleaned it off, but it begs the question, what is causing this? is it just normal, or is there something wrong? forgive me if this is a stupid question, i am obviously not incredibly mechanically inclined... Thx for your help

Probably crappy Auto Parts Store brake pads. They dust like crazy.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Actually if you notice that 1 wheel is getting significantly more dust than the other wheel on the same axle, then you likely have a sticking caliper or the beginnings of a sticking or bad caliper. After driving for a bit, cup your hands over each caliper and see if one is hotter than the other. If there is a disparity in heat then you have a sticking or bad caliper.

-mike

Archived