LegacyGT.com

Help! CEL on and Cruise Blink

I just got my 05 LGT back from the shop this week. I had a new STi short block and used heads installed (for the second time :mad:). I've been very conservative with it since I got it back due to break in. I'm planning a 150mile trip tomorrow morning and now I get this. On the way home tonight (10pm) the CEL came on and the Cruise light is flashing. Can anyone tell me what it's all about? Safe to drive? Any info would be appreciated!

Cruise light always flashes when the check engine light is on - the ECU disables your cruise control. Can't tell you what's wrong until you get the code read, easiest way is to take it to your nearest Autozone or Advance Auto or whatever and ask them to read it for you (which is free). That'll tell you what the problem is, but doesn't always tell you what the solution is...

Thanks all! I will swing into one tomorrow before I head out. Fingers crossed, nothing serious! I just spent a ton of time and money getting it repaired twice, since I took a chance on a used engine, and I really can't afford another repair... Thanks again!

Had litterally the same problem got an NEW STI Shortblock and refinished heads and it was that the heads were bad. I was throwing a P0011 code. Replaced the heads with new ones and went away 1 day later P2016 code came on. Replaced TGV sensor!

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get the codes read. It was thowing a P0011 and P0021 codes which says timing slightly advanced. I was still running the break in oil, so the shop had suggested to me that I run it more, change the oil and see if it comes back that the oil may have gotten a little thin with the very hot and humid weather we've had. So I followed their direction. The light came on once more until I was at the 500 mile break in period. I then changed the oil to Mobile1 5-30 syn, and reset the CEL via battery cable (disconnected it). It was running fine and has been until the other day. Coming home from work with cruise on at 55mph, CEL again!?!? I'm tempted to reset it again and see just how long it takes...

Does anyone have any suggestions or solution to this problem? I have just invested what the car's worth to get get it running again, and do not want to fall any deeper in this hole my LGT has created for me, but I have to get it running right. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Check the dreaded banjo bolt before you go anywhere at all so that it isn't clogged, then the oil feeds to the valves. They also have banjo bolts with filters from what I have recognized.

Then upgrade to a 5W40 oil. The Mobile1 5W30 has a rumor of actually being too thin when warm.

If you don't check the banjo bolt you may kill your turbo and possibly also your engine.

453747.png

Archived