LegacyGT.com

Prova Black SI Drive Knob - Man I wish I had the SI drive sometimes

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for doing this, it looks awesome. Couple of questions?

Is it simply just putting it over the old dial?

Does it come with the small hole for the illumination, like the Prova?

Do you have any night pics?

Is it easy to remove?

thanks

Thanks for doing this, it looks awesome. Couple of questions?

Is it simply just putting it over the old dial?

Does it come with the small hole for the illumination, like the Prova?

Do you have any night pics?

Is it easy to remove?

thanks

No problem...

there is a piece of double sided tape at the inside top of the dial. That's it... holds well.

There is no small hole for the light to shine through. To be honest, i didnt even know that the prova cover came with one. I actually never gave it any thought, but i guess the base of the dial has a light in it....? I would think that he could drill you a small hole, or you could do it yourself.

I don't have any night pics, but i can take one.

Its easy to remove as the prova dial cover. Pull gently upward, and it will come off!

Thanks for the answers. There is a little light at the base of the dial. It would be great if he could drill the hole, because I have no confidence in my ability. A night pic would be great. Thanks again for doing this, I am set to buy one. Thanks again.

Pics of the wc lathewerks at night. Not much to see lol

No light really emanates from the dial.

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg490/jasejase1/15e2b063.jpg

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg490/jasejase1/25f42a29.jpg

So I contacted Chris about the opening. I sent him pics of the legacy si drive dial. He indicates that he can do it but needs to know I quote him "the the exact location of it. How good are you with measurements? Do you have a caliper or something really precise". If anyone can assist with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I am not good with measurements, and I will screw it up if try. Trust me, I'm that guy. Thanks in advance if you can assist.

I actually ordered this caliper this week... i will have it in a couple days if you want to wait... [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Neiko-01407A-Extra-Large-SAE-Metric-Conversion/dp/B000GSLKIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337706335&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Neiko 01407A Stanless Steel 6-Inch Digital Caliper with Extra-Large LCD Screen and Instant SAE-Metric Conversion: Home Improvement[/ame]

Sounds like gordata has a good idea, and this will put the stress of it all onto Chris at Lathewerks. Lol...

I have sent an email to Chris about gordata(thank you by the way) dropping by if he is close. Thanks a lot for the assistance guys, if you every need a favour in Canada I would be happy to assist.

thanks

I have sent an email to Chris about gordata(thank you by the way) dropping by if he is close. Thanks a lot for the assistance guys, if you every need a favour in Canada I would be happy to assist.

thanks

Get me a type 95 ?

I've had the polished one for around a year now...it looks so sweet and matches my mcintosh knobs.

Only issue is that (I think due to the heat of the sun) it tends to rotate left or right instead of staying centered. I don't use it anyway as I drive in S# all the time so just use the button on the steering wheel :)

Prova or WC Lathe? Assuming prova, as wc never made one before this (for the US leggies)... Or you're speaking about an EDM/JDM legacy... Or Wrx...

Im thinking about getting mine powder coated black... havent decided yet.

Update. Got an email back from Chris, and the measurement is the best way for him. So with that being said, jasejase can you help with the caliper measurement. Chris needs,

“I just need them to measure from the center of the dial to the center of the little hole”.

Thanks

No problem.. i have my new caliper...

The issue is... is that i have NO IDEA where the little hole is. I have the standard WC Lathewerks from chris, without the hole... And i have no idea where the hole should go!

I would ask hicksta13 (hes a mod and all over these forums), and ask him to measure it.. or BMX045. They both have the prova dial.

Let me know the measurement, as i may drill a hole there!!

The stock dial? He has all those measurements, as I gave them to him to make the dial cover....

I'm not really sure where/how the prova cover gets the light. I

Didn't even know it had a hole.

Archived