LegacyGT.com

Timing belt Qs = Do it now or wait. Oppinions

Low Drag

I have an 05 LGT and am about to strap up all the necessary parts to do a turbo upgrade from stock. The car has 63k on it and has been in CA and TX all its life. The question is, should I do the timing belt at the same time I install all the other parts? The Gates timing belt kit is pretty expensive $450+ +labor. I have checked around and have read that timing belts should be replaced at 90k and 120k but I am assuming that these cars have not been modified. I am not rebuilding the engine or tranny yet. Will the added HP put strain on the timing belt? If a new timing belt is not needed it will mean that I can get a meth kit or EL header instead. Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

PS. What would you go with, a meth kit or EL header? Why?

no, timing belt is around 120k miles and is no were close to the turbo. I would not get the el headers and do the Grimspeed port and polish stock with performance cross pipe. I like the sleeper look and you will not get the major heat from that set up than the el headers. even if the headers are wrap there will be much more heat.

no, timing belt is around 120k miles and is no were close to the turbo. I would not get the el headers and do the Grimspeed port and polish stock with performance cross pipe. I like the sleeper look and you will not get the major heat from that set up than the el headers. even if the headers are wrap there will be much more heat.

Timing belt is at 105k.

Why would you do the timing belt almost 40k early?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived