LegacyGT.com

LGT 05-07 AT vs MT power output

MF-DIF

What is the average whp/wtq on an auto legacy gt vs a manual? Stock number comparisons and also stage 2 comparisons would be great. I'm looking at picking one up...and actually wouldn't mind an auto for convienience but not if the EAT eats up 30whp vs it's manual counterpart. I've tried to find some info...only results I've seen are a stock auto doing 175whp and MT stock doing 225whp. That's a huge diffenance.

A lot of the hp differences your going to see are from dynos reading differently. I read somewere that the auto eats about 10hp vs the MT but dont have any actual dyno comparisons to prove that. If your going to take your car past stg 2 you will need to beef up the EAT as I've read that they are more prone to blowing than the MT. Plus the MT will get you a mpg or two better if that matters to you. I drive a MT and compared to my friends EAT the MT feels faster, my 2 cents

• I Donated
I'm looking at picking one up...and actually wouldn't mind an auto for convienience but not if the EAT eats up 30whp vs it's manual counterpart.

That's about what it eats, from what I can tell. Stage 2 on a 5MT is around 260whp from what I hear; on a 5EAT, it's about 230-235.

the EAT puts out less hp due to the increased rotational mass within the tranny, hower this in turn causes higher torque. Example- a local forester XT 4EAT:

http://www.canonshooter.com/photos2/dynograph-3.gif

• I Donated
the EAT puts out less hp due to the increased rotational mass within the tranny, hower this in turn causes higher torque. Example- a local forester XT 4EAT:

What mods does that have, though? That doesn't look like Stage 2. VF39?

The real question is, would it be enough for you to really notice a difference. As a daily driver, very unlikely.

A 30whp difference, absolutely would notice that.

1/4-mile times I'm less concerned with. I'd be more interested in trap speed.

I purchased an 07 GT loaded with 5EAT, and replaced it with an 08 Spec B aout 10 days later so I might be a bit biased, but I thought it was quite slow with the auto and I was obviously really regretting it. I'm quite happy with the Spec B still and would recommend you get a manual if you think that's what you want.

I purchased an 07 GT loaded with 5EAT, and replaced it with an 08 Spec B aout 10 days later so I might be a bit biased, but I thought it was quite slow with the auto and I was obviously really regretting it. I'm quite happy with the Spec B still and would recommend you get a manual if you think that's what you want.

I feel the same way about my 05 5eat, haha just got it and only drove it for a week but don't really know how to go about getting rid of it and getting a MT maybe if it was paid off... loans suck

Archived