LegacyGT.com

Parking brake has 2 wires???

ralphyralph5

People are claiming that if you cut those wires the starter kill won't work. Another site a read suggests jumping those two leads for those modules to the acc lead that the TT is hooked into. They claim that it will allow the starter kill to work.

Anyway, I was asking more along the lines of if anything of that sort needs to be done for the Legacy.

i didn't do any of that, I just hooked up the wires. when i "turn off" the car, the steering wheel locks, i get out, and lock the doors with the key fob. The car remains on 'til the end of the countdown and then turns itself off.

the starter kill is, well for the starter. The only thing that turbo timers to is to keep the current running through the system to keep the car running. Once you start a car, that's the only job that the starter would do. The starter kill is only there to verify if the key itself is in the ignition to continue the circuit to start the car. Old school hot wiring was just there to get a positive voltage on the starter and then connect the ground and main power wires together (hence that silly spark you see in movies).

Keefe

Keefe

• 10 months later...

trying to install a turbo timer, but I don't know where the parking brake wire is, much less would know which wire it is even if I was looking @ it:icon_bigg Not sure if it is under the steering column with the ignition wires or actually under the parking brake.

So with that said, where is this wire? 2nd, if I have to take trim off around the parking brake, please describe how as I don't want to go pulling and snap something I shouldn't!

Thanks!

Archived