LegacyGT.com

StopTech brake upgrade

Thinking of a StopTech big brake upgrade for an '08 LGT wagon but want to keep my stock 17s for the winter. Anyone know if the kit will fit with this set up? Thanks.

I have a Rotora front BBK and stock wheels from pics I have seen just barely fit with stock wheels. If stoptech calipers are as fat/wide as Brembo's I would say no you would need a 17" wheel with a diff offset than stock.

edit: I have 04 STI BBS wheels on my LGT and there is plenty of room between the wheel spoke and the caliper.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I run the Stoptech BBK up front and run 17's in the winter but they are not the stockers. You may have to use a different 17" wheel. I run 17" ALT 462's for winter but these are tight... 1-2 mm clearance.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Stoptech BBK fits on 05-07 OEM 17" wheels. When Subaru made the change in wheel in 08 the Stoptechs no longer fit. I was the test car for this.

Stoptech BBK fits with 2005-07 17" OEM wheels. Calipers are slightly smaller than Brembo. But if you have a 2008 or up, even SpecB 18's do not fit with Stoptech BBK.

Keep in mind that LGT's use the LGT or the WRX Stoptech kit. I believe the difference is 332mm (LGT kit) vs. 328mm (WRX kit) diameter. I had always assumed that my LGT had the LGT Stoptech BBK kit but I've got the WRX kit. I found this out when going to replace the rotors. Ooops. But I guess this is actually the preferred setup on a front-only BBK because the WRX BBK provides better front-rear bias with the stock rear components.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

If you do a search you should be able to find some pics of the stoptechs with the stock 5 spoke wheels. They do fit... the brembos fit the stock wheels too I believe... just with a 10mm spacer and/or extended studs.

Archived