LegacyGT.com

Anyone hear of the "Stealth" package?

They've got a black GT with a "Stealth" package that includes spoiler, subwoofer, auto transmission w/Momo knob, arm rest and tinted windows at Maine Mall Motors. There is some kind of package savings, but it still stickers for $32,xxx. I guess maybe the tinted windows make it more stealthy? It even comes with a special Subaru Stealth sticker, which isn't very stealthy.

Has anyone else seen this?

Chris S.

Yeah, sounds like dealer installed stuff. For the record the dealer installed a pinstripe and some protective moldings on my car. Was priced at $1k. I had them remove it before taking delivery but in the end I wouldn't have been charged any extra to keep them.

I say tell the dealer to shove it.

Has anyone heard of the pig nose package? It is a LegGT with a Tribeca grill, last generation Toyota Siena dash design and a price premium. Please let this be a bad dream.

I am joking around with a hint of sincerity about the potential bastardiazation of a uniquely, clean, simple, very effective drivers machine.

Wealth does not guarantee good taste and great engineering can always be defamed.

I worked with the Lockheed Skunk Works and the only thing remotely stealth about my car is the fact that I removed all Subaru badges and people in my upscale neighborhood of SoCal are always saying, "great looking car, what the hell is it". They have no idea how fast, quiet and smooth my LegGT wagon is. The LegGT H4 propels my LegGT as effortlessly as a BMW inline 6 and that is the gold standard.

Probably like the Air Force "Stealth" sticker price for tint and the Momo knob,..

Funny,..I saw 2 Stealth Planes taking off and in flight yesterday in Hawaii,..They were AWESOME!! So fast and well,...Stealth,..

If they painted the lenses with VEIL and included a full laser and radar jammer (the latter highly illegal, of course) setup, then I'd bite. :)

Now THAT, my fellow LGTers, is stealth. :cool:

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I just went to their website and found the car. No pictures though... All it says is :

Year:2005

Model:Legacy Sedan 2.5GT LTD 5EAT-S(TaupeColor:Obsidian Black Pearl

Features:2.5L 4cyl DOHC 250HP Engine

All-Wheel Drive (AWD)

5-Speed Elect Cont Auto Trans

4-Channel Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)

MSRP: $31,683.00

LEGACY SUBWOOFER AMP

BACKUP WARNING SENSOR

LEGACY SHIFT KNOB MOMO AT

WHEEL LOCKS

LEGACY SECURITY UPGRADE

LEGACY SPOILER KIT SDN BLACK

Stealth Edition ID

Premium Window Tint - Sedan

Package Discount

What the hell makes a car so stealthy just because you tinted the windows? Everything else is just normal factory option stuff. Even the window tint can be a factory option. In fact, if you can prove that your car came from the factory with the tint then you won't be hassled for it. Well, maybe you'll get hassled, but you'll easily be able to fight the ticket. Just order your LGT with tinted glass and you are good to go. I just don't think that paying an extra 4 grand for tinted windows is worth it. My car came with everything that one does (minus the armrest and automatic transmission) and I paid 28K, not 32. I'm just not seeing the savings? Unless 'Stealth' is how they define how sneakily they are going to bend you over and take your money, then there isn't anything stealthy about that car.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Ok, $40k for a LegGT+? is out of reach for Suby, BUT....

I would pay and I think $36k-39k would be a value for a LegGT/Sti with Twin Turbo H6, MT6, Brembos, full upgraded suspension (struts, coils, bars, arms), 18s with great tires, super audio system, super seats, and real aluminum or carbon fiber interior trim.

Oh, no wagon version, no check from me. Wagons are Subaru's cash cow. Please give us the worlds best sport wagon.

Archived