LegacyGT.com

will '07 spec b downpipe fit '05 lgt?

jahousafat

It will fit. It is the same. Same OEM part number, lol. All 5MT and 6MT LGT's use the same DP. Only difference is MT and 5EAT.

Not the same part number.

07 6MT: 44612AA280

05 5MT: 44612AA030 or 44612AA120

For reference:

07 AT: 44612AA280, same as 6MT.

07 5MT: 44612AA290.

I know for a fact that my 08 6MT downpipe is identical to 08 AT downpipe.

So I wouldn't be so sure. It would probably fit, but tranny mounting point would have to be removed.

Technically Subaru changed part numbers. But all MT downpipes are the same and all AT down pipes are the same. I dont just read the book, I own the cars. I own a 2005 5MT wagon, a 2008 5EAT sedan and a 2008 SpecB. I previously owned a 2005 5EAT. I have posted pix of the MT and 5EAT down pipes side by side for members.

My SpecB down pipe has been installed on countless 5MT's with no mods. We use it for local inspections, lol.

Weird. The '07 Spec b downpipe tranny mount is in a different location than where it should mount to my '05 5MT, thus forcing me to not use the tranny mount at all. If they were all the same, I would think the tranny mount would bolt right up.....

You mean the "j" hook off the tranny? It is in the same place. On 5EAT an MT cars. It is about installation sequence to make the hook fit. Some installers get rough and bend them up too.

Otherwise there is a single bolt that goes from a heatshield into the side of the tranny. It is in the same place. But I find that this connection sometimes leads to vibration in cabin in 5EAT's. Just an observation.

Wonder if Subaru put out a few pipes in a mid-year production that were slightly different. Not that I know of. I see lots of Subies every day. We swap down pipes all the time. Like I said, my own 2008 SpecB DP is used for inspections and has been in many local cars already. Never another SpecB.

There were probably enough changes through the years to make answer "it will 100% fit" incorrect.

Here's an older thread with m sprank DP pics and some other relevant info.

If one wants to be 100% sure - find the part number (not through smth like opposedforces though, ask a dealer or download subarufast etc...) for relevant model year/tranny combo and compare to what you have. That's what I did to discover that 08 5EAT DP is exactly the same part # as 06 6MT. If parts #s are different - it will _likely_ fit, but not 100%.

Archived