LegacyGT.com

A little advice please

wrxkilla05

So i was driving in my rhode island town on this beautiful day and a cop decided to pull me over. i have an 05 lgt with a catless dp a catback and tint on my windows. he gave me a 5 day warning to get my car reinspected and i am a little puzzled on what to do. i dont want to take my 35% tint off if i dont have to but i think i will but my question is that i had my car tuned to say that i still have cats in my car which i dont, but if i give the inspection place the ticket will they look in ever nook and cranny on my car or will it still be able to pass the ecu test that they usually do?

What did you get the ticket for?

Just for tint? Then that's all they'll inspect.

Oh, and for the love of the internet please learn how to properly punctuate sentences.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

He gave me the written warning for a loud exhaust and an expired inspection sticker. My car is not that loud but the cats are gone, even though my ecu says that they are still in. I'm just wondering if it is going to bring attention to my exhaust and if they will do other tests than the OBDII. And if there was some way that I could keep my tint on.

I'm a little confused, was your inspection expired? You got a written warning, is the cop going to check up on you in 5 days? I doubt it. Not exactly sure that they can force you to get re-inspected with a warning.

On another note, tint laws are so bogus. There are too many ways to skirt the system. I see so many cars in MA with tint way darker than the legal limit, even on police officer's personal vehicles. It's a freaking joke.

Archived