LegacyGT.com

Car still running hot and stalling out...

I swapped out the coolant temp sensor and inspected the wires and they look just fine. I drove the car maybe 2 miles, and it drove perfect, then died as i was pulling into my parkingspot, acting like it was running low on fuel. I restarted it and popped the hood and noticed the fans still weren't kicking on, while I was watching it anyways. The engine bay was hot to the touch. I'm still losing coolant and there is black soot type stuff coming out of the exhaust and spraying onto the ground. The car doesn't show that it's overheating on the gauge. There is no oil in the coolant, but I do seem to be losing both, the oil isnt related because it's leaking somewhere out of the back of the engine. I've put so much money into this crap idk what's wrong or what to do. Car idles fine now that I swapped out the plugs again, I've cleaned the IAC and I know I need to readjust the TPS, but it still runs fine at the moment. Any thoughts would be great.

Thing I noticed is my fans aren't kicking on unless I turn on the ac then they both come on. I just replaced the cts and the plug and wires look perfect. Could the fans not kicking on cause my car to die? That and the little tiny hose from the fpr to the intake mani isn't clamped onto the nipple on the manifold its just on it freely and moves easily.

How would I burp it? We just added more coolant about a week ago, we had to top it off in the radiator.

I went outside and checked my tps(off subject) on "acc" it read .55xx volts, started the car and the best I could get without it running like crap was showing .52xx at idle.

Now I'm not familiar with the wiring to the CTS the Black wire with the yellow stripe read 4.9 volts and the pink and greenish colored wire read .0393 Just off of the plug itself with the car on ACC, not to the sensor, which the sensor is brand new.

When the car was on acc I unplugged the CTS and the fans finally came on. When I plugged it back in they turned back off. And it's definitely hot because now over time I have to replace the radiator hoses.

I brought it up to warm again, car got really hot and the fans still didn't kick on. The car also died on me once just idling there. The idle is alittle iffy too ts up and down and up and down for like 2 seconds each, probably shifting about 300rpms(no rpm tach so just a guess) I do know mechanics fairly well and definitely enough to know its too hot for the fans to not kick on

When I installed the CTS I didn't have extra coolant to use so I didn't drain it and I leaked coolant all over the place because the new one was a pita trying to catch the threads. Like I said though I tested the harness itself and it put out those readings. Does anyone knwo wth is going on with that and the random sputtering down and dying?

Sorry for all the posts, I was copying and pasting from another forum that was not helpful or knowledgeable at all.

You may want to tell us what kind of car, make, model, year, milage, etc.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Also I had a shop make an exhaust, the guy did such a horrible job it was a 2.5 or 3 inch pipe from where the resonator was in the middle all the way back. I have no muffler, he just welded on a resonator. and where he welded in the middle he didn't even use an adapter he just crushed the pipe a little to fit the old exhaust and then welded like a mofo around it.

so i STILL can't get the fans to come on. I know for a fact it's something to do with the CTS because It's running pig rich, and slightly off idle, as well as the fans never kicking on. They kicked on the first few days after I replaced the CTS. here's a little video clip showing how rich she is.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmWq8wQ1Pa4]YouTube - ‪Running rich like trump‬‏[/ame]

Archived