LegacyGT.com

stock wheel clearence w/ brembos

jahousafat

I have brembo front and rear calipers and stock STi rotors. I was "told by a friend" who "knows stuff" ect... that my stock LGT 5 spoke 17" wheels will clear the Brembos with a 5mm spacer between the rotor and wheel. His stock Saabaru wheels clear with the same setup... Can anyone confirm or deny this claim for me please?

Not really sure... I know you need at least 17x8 wheels to clear the brembos.. as that is what the STI BBS wheels are.

However.... the Stoptech 4 Piston BBK fits with the 5 Spoke 17X7 wheels. And from what I heard... Usually what fits the Stoptechs... fit the Brembos as well.

I think I'll just have to put one of my stock wheels on his Saabaru with the spacers installed to see if it works. I was just hoping someone on here had already played with this option and could give me an absolute yes or no answer.

Not really sure... I know you need at least 17x8 wheels to clear the brembos.. as that is what the STI BBS wheels are.

However.... the Stoptech 4 Piston BBK fits with the 5 Spoke 17X7 wheels. And from what I heard... Usually what fits the Stoptechs... fit the Brembos as well.

1) the stock 2004 STi wheels are 17x7.5

2) brembo calipers are bigger than the stoptech calipers.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

that is not correct

I'm still going to try putting my stocker wheel on my buddy's saabaru with the Brembos next weekend when we pull everything off... I'm just surprised nobody on here has an absolute for a fact answer to this...

Archived