LegacyGT.com

Swap 08 Cloth to leather

keithss

I just picked up a set of 08 2.5i limited seats to swap into my 08 2.5se. I currently have the cloth seats with power driver,manual passenger, no heat. The seats I bought are the same setup but with heat. I also got the switch for the heated seats for the center console. Am I correct in assuming it should be simple bolt in plug and play and just plug in the seat heater switch in the center console and everything should work? Thanks for all of your input. Just not looking to have any surprises when i go to put them in with wiring or anything.

Keith

Well, I installed the seats this weekend and they was no wiring for the heated seats in the car. Does anyone know If there is a way to buy a harness from subaru and plug the seats into the car and install the factory switch to operate them?

• 4 weeks later...

How did you connect the wiring for the power seats on the passenger side for your new seats? Was the wiring already there for the 08 2.5SE?

And did you get the heat working by any chance?

Cheers!

No dice on the buried wiring, different wiring harness entirely for the 2.5i vs the limited cars. And by wiring harness I mean the entire car, so you wouldn't be able to simply unplug a portion of the harness you need, its all spliced together. Youd have to find a wrecked limited and start cutting out the required sections.

Ya drivers power is no problem but the passenger side doesnt have any extra harness'. Im still trying to get the heated part to work. I got a local junkyard yanking out the sections of wire I need from a wrecked limited for me so I can try to hook it up.

Archived