LegacyGT.com

OMG TMIC aaaaaahhhhhhhh!

gil_ong

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you oil the inside of the hose? I usually get a dab of oil on my finger and roll it around along the edge. [awaits the "that's what she said" comment]

I thought you were using the cheapo hose to make the stock hose fit tighter (to replace the little factory 'foreskin' that is on the ends of the factory hose).

Anyway, you should be able to take the TMIC out fully, attach the AVO hose to the TB using oil... twist the AVO hose to orient it properly, clamp it at the TB, then put the stock TMIC into the end of the AVO hose (again with oil), then clamp it there, then bolt the TMIC to the turbo. If it does not work for you, then I guess sell the AVO hose to someone else.

after the first insinuating comment, I let it go, but then you followed up with using the word "foreskin"

now I must say

That's what she said.

the AVO is ideal for the perrin or IPR top Mounts cause they are soo damn big they need that extra inch of piping for play or wiggle room. It doesnt seem to do much for the stock top mount. I found that the easiest way to secure the stocker is once it is securely fastened to the throttlebody, take the topmount in your hands and push the end tank in all the way to the plastic stopper. Twist the intercooler in place and line up the turbo compressor bolts. Then make sure the piping is flush all around the stopper and tighten down the clamp bolt making sure it is even. It should be an easy install if its stock.

Just installed AVO TB hose last friday with my IPR TMIC, install was total about 1 hour, thats with tinkering with things. Also Im short so I sit up on the rad support with one knee on the intake manifold so i can reach and easily get leverage on the hose. With the AVO hose, orientation is key!!

P.S.

where can i source 2 t-bolt clamps to replace the worm clamps i used? what size do I need? for the TB hose and what size for rad hoses?

so i bought the AVO TB hose thinking it would help my Hyperflow TMIC sit better, but 2 hours later and cursing every saint under the sun i gave up. i can get it on the TB and intercooler outlet but it seems the AVO pipe is a lot longer than the stock one and is throwing the alignment way off and there is no way to secure the TMIC in place with the brackets, does anyone have a picture of on installed? which way does the AVO log line up if its on right? Maybe jdm and usdm stock pipes are different. I'll put up a comparison picture of the to later

Ill try again in the morning

im having issues with my stock one too so it seems like i need to look at some stronger clamps, once i get alignment figured out on avo one that should help too.

My stock hose does look a lot different than the US one

Archived