LegacyGT.com

I need your help...

Bonafide P

I need help deciding what cbe system to get ....I want a mellow toned exhaust nothing too loud, just right. I'm stuck between the bosal 1.5, magnaflow, Perrin axle back . Which one is louder? I can get them about the same price.

On the bosal 1.5, I was reading up that the y pipe hangs low, is it really that low, i am not gonna lower my car, or if I did I'll only do it 0.5 or 1.0 inch.. Would the y pipe still drag.. Would it drag even on a stock height car?

On the magnaflow, I been reading up rattle problems... Not really the Subaru sound I'm looking for, if I'm hearing rattles.

And the Perrin, is on back order.. So I can't get it if I wanted it.. Haha

Decisions.. Decisions... Decisions... Help! Thanks in advance!

Perrin and magnaflow are some of the louder exhausts for our cars, unless you have a 3rd muffler welded into the midpipe. I've heard the Megan Racing twin tip, and it sounds pretty mellow, but beware of megan's potential fitment issues. The Borla exhaust is reportedly pretty mellow sounding, too. Have you checked out the exhaust sound thread at the top of this forum?

I thought bosal stopped making their cbe?

But anyways the magnaflow I heard on a stage2+ car didn't sound too bad. And happens I'm picking one up this weekend.

On the magnaflow, I been reading up rattle problems... Not really the Subaru sound I'm looking for, if I'm hearing rattles.

Decisions.. Decisions... Decisions... Help! Thanks in advance!

Magnaflow Rattles?? WHAT!! I'm planning to pick one of these up next week. I haven't read anything negative about this CBE for the most part. People either like it or they don't. Everything I've read about fitment was good. I plan to pair it with a catted DP, so noise shouldn't be an issue. I'd be interested in reading more if you can point me to what you've read. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts as well.

Archived