LegacyGT.com

Is there a steering rack with a quicker ratio that fits our cars?

Hugo L.

Q-rack has been around a long time, I remember people getting those for the RS. I ended up putting Whiteline bushings in my old RS, it helped a lot with adding some "snappiness" for lack of a better description. More responsiveness, if obviously not a better ratio.

Has anyone swapped their rack out yet?

I might be trying the 08+ STi rack in my 07 OBXT

go for it! that would be rad.. my L&E fab quickener on my obxt is 90% perfect.. -5% for tiny bit of play and - 5% for being a bit heavy

make sure you do a good walk through.. you might have quite a few people copying you on that one..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'll be installing an 09 WRX steering rack in a week or so.

That would be a downgrade. 2005-2009 LGT comes with 15:1. 2008-2010 WRX (not STI) comes with 16.5:1.

So, I have a Q-Rack I removed from the 04 WRX I drove prior to the LGT. Any ideas whether this is a bolt on affair to my 08?

I'm pretty certain no. 2008-2011 Impreza and 2005-2009 Legacy racks are probably interchangeable.

bump, follow-up?

I've had an 11.5:1 Q-rack in my 2010 STI SE for a while now. It's awesome. It doesn't give the STI that unfiltered feedback good manual steering has but the quicker ratio still makes a big difference. It's easily a match for Evo steering now, if not better.

Archived