LegacyGT.com

Loose connection with AP??

specialB

My dongle connecting the AP to the port under the dash does not like to keep a snug fit and it tends to reset itself over minor bumps when I'm trying to use the device. Anybody else have this problem/have a cure for it coming loose?

big feet. i think i touched it while depressing clutch a few times too many. its too big. i am considering relocating the whole thing sideways or something. be nice if cobb had a new one that's smaller or even a 90 degree adapter for it. maybe one that leaves port still open...

If you keep bumping it I would definitely relocate it. I have not looked close enough but I think I remember seeing the OBD2 plug as removable from the mounting point, so potentially you could unbolt it, hook up the dongle and zip-tie it somehow/somewhere out of the way under the dash. Have a look.

The OBD2 port is held in by 2 screws(if I remember right). It has enough slack so that you can relocate it to the fuse area above it. From there, you can probably come up with some sort of device(*cough*zipties?) to secure it.

Thanks for the thread folks. I will do the same. Methinks I am going to fish the cable up and get a spare defrost vent to rig up an AP mount.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

Archived