LegacyGT.com

Factory Radio Plug

sgt

• 2 weeks later...

That harness is the SU02R (reverse harness) made by Scosche. It is missing one of the two Illumination wires (it only has 13 of the 14 possible wires). Without that, your stock radio will not light up. I don't know why Scosche keeps making these that way, since all Subaru radios that use this 14-position plug need that wire.

If you'd like one with all 14 wires, e-mail me. Or if you've already purchased the Scosche harness, I can provide you the missing wire with pin.

Several manufacturers make the 'forward' harness (what connects to the car's radio plug), but most lack the 14th wire also. I've got one with all 14 wires too.

Here's the pin-out table for the radio connector with wire colors in the Legacy.

Well, I could use a Su03B (female to adapt harness to new head unit?), as I have a split facia coming from AVOjapan, and NOBODY in USA will ship me a connector to Oz. One place actually said yes, we will, took my money, then came back and said their shipper would not ship outside USA, got a refund. Wanted to charge me $25 to post 4oz to Oz as well,( as the connector is listed as weighing 1.8lbs) when it should be $10 tops, nased on Mike V's aerial adapter postage down here.

Anybody there take Paypal who could buy one for me and post it please?

TIA,

jp

That harness is the SU02R (reverse harness) made by Scosche. It is missing one of the two Illumination wires (it only has 13 of the 14 possible wires). Without that, your stock radio will not light up. I don't know why Scosche keeps making these that way, since all Subaru radios that use this 14-position plug need that wire.

If you'd like one with all 14 wires, e-mail me. Or if you've already purchased the Scosche harness, I can provide you the missing wire with pin.

Several manufacturers make the 'forward' harness (what connects to the car's radio plug), but most lack the 14th wire also. I've got one with all 14 wires too.

Here's the pin-out table for the radio connector with wire colors in the Legacy.

Yeah, I figured that out today when I installed it.

I ended up just splicing the one wire in the factory harness.

Now everything works great! It would have been nice to splice nothing

but one wire is not so bad.

Now all I need is that antenna adapter and my stereo will be DONE.

Archived