LegacyGT.com

Interior finish peeling

jt51

The area around my 5 sp AT shifter is peeling, noticed it today. its peeling in two spots just outside the chrome ring, which must be rubbing againts this area. Anyone else have this problem on the new gt limited?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They replaced the piece today, too bad they put two new scratches in the interior doing it, one on the titanium around the shifter and one across the chrome bezel. I guess I can live with them they are both minor.

If it was important enough for you to take it in when the interior was pealing then why isn't important enough for you to take it in for damage to the interior that they caused. I would take it back and tell them that you expect them to fix the problems with the interior including the parts that they scratched. I mean what was the point of getting that piece replaced to make it look like new again if they were just going to be careless and scratch it? Basically you just traded one blemish to your interior for another blemish. If you aren't happy with the results then your Subaru dealership/service department shouldn't be happy with it either. PM me if you have questions about how or who to talk to at your Subaru service department. And never go to your salesman... once you drive off the lot you are nothing to him until you come in to purchase another Subaru!

Thank you for your reply, excellent point.

The scratches made by tech are minor compared to defect in the piece they replaced. Most of the time I would take your advice, but since I am also trying to have Subaru fix; the studdering at low rpm, rubbing brake sound when coming to a stop, and the most annoying rattle in the left side of dash, I am going to let the minor damage they did go.

• 2 weeks later...
how much would it cost to replace that plate anyways? mine got a bit scratched up (don't ask me how) and i need to pay a comprehensive visit to my dealer when i'm back from vacation, might as well get it replaced if its not too costly (i don't see why it would be).

Archived