LegacyGT.com

Anyone using FMS parts?

MDKSDMF

ive found a header and CBE by FastMotorSports that seem to fit my budget and they also look like they are made out pretty good materials (at least better than the X02 cbe piping :) is anyone on here running an FMS exhaust product and have any advice before i start spending? My X02 is getting pretty rusty and i havent found any threads pertaining to these products

http://fast-ms.com/products.htm

I have the FMS uppipe, install was pretty easy, only trouble was with fitment of the studs, I had to hammer one slightly with a rubber mallet and then it fit like a charm =)

i was gonna leave my sti in but andrew suggested i go with the fms one if i get the header. i also got the same quote on the header. I read from the site : "All Fast Motorsports products come with black thermal barrier coating which keeps the heat out 20% more than stock." and made of of SUS 321 stainless. thats probably not the best steel, but the header is a steal of a deal IMO. Msprank did a review of an ebay header with the not so good steel and i have been told that it is still running with no problems after a year. But he is in california and im in Massachussetts :rolleyes:

321 is EXPENSIVE. No friggin way is that 321. Perrin used to claim 321 and stopped. The KillerB Holy Header is probably the only real 321 header left. It retails for $1500.

For what its worth, 321 is no big deal. Even the KillerB is too thin. Yes its the right steel for the application, but if its too thin... Thats why FullRace does not use 321, but uses steel twice as thick.

Regardless. I have two crap eBay headers on car now for over a year and they are still working. Paid about $30-$40 each for the headers. Not saying go buy eBay headers. But on the cheap, they have worked.

I have run Perrin and GTSpec on my own cars. I really like the GTSpec.

Archived