LegacyGT.com

RCE Tarmac 1 vs. KW Variants Coilovers - Which to buy?

YN-TGL

The AVO 19mm rsb with a stock front bar and Pink springs got me the feeling you describe.

Stiffer springs and stiffer sway bars just helped me tweak it a little further. You don't need coilovers to get that planted rotation feeling. Good tires, springs, and decent sway bars are more than enough for daily driving fun.

Perrin made my 25mm rsb, but it's discontinued.

Take a pic of the rear if you could please. I don't want to be spouting off the wrong info. But from what I remembered in the past, the rear springs were progressive.

edit: The rear spring pictured in this link looks like a progressive and not a linear spring to me. Someone correct me if im wrong. Thanks!

http://kw-store.com/products/complete-coilover-kit/kw-coilover-kit-v2/kw-coilover-kit-v2-03-subaru-legacy.html

editv2: This thread has all the differences listed. Lighter, linear race springs, aggressive valving, etc.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/racecomp-engineering-tarmac-1-coilovers-70040.html

Those are generic pics, ours are linear. I was being polite before, they are linear.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Since this seems to have the attention (or had it I should say) of those who have extensive knowledge of coilovers I have a brief question. Did any of you experience creaking after install on any of these coilovers? I just installed a set of Tein Flex's about 5k miles ago and I'm starting to hear some creaking. Not sure if I need to replace additional suspension parts or is this just my car now after 115k miles. :lol: The coilovers were near new and I love them, just started noticing this creaking over pretty much any sort of bump in the road. :spin:

And if this has been covered already, just tell me to search again and treat me like a n00b cause I deserve it. :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I'd prefer not to answer that. :hide: That answer it? :)

:lol: This is why I come to you guys... so I will be checking into that. Also, thinking as my stock sways and endlinks have 115k on them, maybe you recco a change up as well? :redface:

(Yes, I know, I've been cheap to this car at times)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• 1 year later...
If you're not tracking the car, I don't think you'll notice the difference between the KW and RCE's. I went from BC BR 6k/8k's to RCE T1 7k's. The difference was night and day. BC's were great for the price, but I love the Tarmacs. I upgraded to 9k springs recently, and they are still more comfortable than the BC's.

Anyone else have experience with both?

Archived