LegacyGT.com

Thinking about putting a 8" Kicker Subwoofer on the rear self

03silvertiger

I just put all new Polk audio speakers and need the lower end. so that the speakers dont get distorted playing all the frequencies it was poor choice to go with two way speakers. But they sound good I just will limit the frequncies they play when i add the sub. I m thinking of the kicker 10c84.

I been wanting a subwoofer in the car just to fill the bottom end of music with something. I found a 8" kicker sub that I was gunna put back there just wondering if anyone has dont it before. And what your opinions are on it.

Make sure the sub is made for free air or you will have to build a box around it.

Look for subs with a Qts of around 0.6 to 0.8 and something with a high efficiency. If the OEM amplifier is being used then the driver will need to make the most out of the small amount of power it's being fed.

Just a warning.. I wanted to this a while back.. I got so many people tell me not to put it on the back shelf.. Apparently it just shakes the car to bits.. More rattles than bass. I went with a 12" kicker sub in a box (on sale.. $130 Aus $) with a kicker mono amp and I can get it to 130 db without rattling. Kicker make great stuff

If the subs is mounted correctly on the parcel shelf then you won't have any issues with rattles. Vibe make a pretty decent 8" sub that can be used with pretty good results in free air applications. Better than a Kicker or other such entry level sub.

If you want to mount a sub in the rear deck you're going to have to dampen it quite a bit.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Years ago when Subs weren't as advanced, I had three 8" Free air Kicker subs (made specifically for open air ) It sounded great at low end in the3 15-30 htz region but lacked a bit of dampening and control. Have gone to boxes since and never looked back

I been wanting a subwoofer in the car just to fill the bottom end of music with something. I found a 8" kicker sub that I was gunna put back there just wondering if anyone has dont it before. And what your opinions are on it.

you mean that 8' shallowmount (cvt8?)? if so, i can tell you that it wont fit! the diameter of the 8" kickers is about 1/4~1/6" shorter than the diameter of that heavy stock metal plate (the ring that holds the stock sub). withouth the plate, the sub is small enough to pass thru the stock hole!

do you guys recommend any other subs? Like I said I most likley wont keep it loud but I just want to get low end in my car i m not big about shaking things just want to get some bass.

i replaced my stock sub with earthquake sws8 4ohms, just because i just want a little bit touch up on low end, and it can really give me what exactly i want!!

Archived