• McGard
    • Muteki
    • Gorilla
    • OEM
    • Other

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kind of like them. But they are $90/set? Other colors? Are the valve stems TMPS compatible?

$90 a set. Thats cheap to me, well compared to what I paid for my rays. :lol:

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Maybe that was just my assumption that his old ones were open ended... :lol:

haha, my old ones were also closed ended that came with my rota gravels. the reason i stated closed ended was b/c muteki makes the same in open ended..

Do the five:ad lugs come in other colors? Will they work with my Kosei KS T1 wheels?

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Do the five:ad lugs come in other colors? Will they work with my Kosei KS T1 wheels?

Just black

I don't see why not, they are considered as "tuner lugs", or small diameter lugs, designed for the FIVE:AD wheels

What length are the FIVE:AD lugs?

And how exactly does that socket work? It looks rounded on the end that goes into the lug...

they are just the standard length tuner lugs, not the extended ones

it's open ended lug nuts, and the key is not rounded :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

MXP Duraluminum in blue. Extremely light, very strong.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/m/x/mxp-blue.jpg

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

• 4 weeks later...
do they make locking lugs that are the same size as a spline lug?

Yes they do I have them on my car, one lock on each wheel with 4 other McGard spline lugs 12x1.25 i believe

http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/MCGBLK.jpg

http://www.hotfrog.sg/NewUploads/PressReleases/McGard-ConeTuner-Wheel-Locks-Black-25357-15578_image.jpg

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I'm running with locks and spline drive Mcgard lugs.

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I've thought about that... I carry both lugs with me as if I get a flat tire I have to change it myself. I don't live in a well populated area so even though I have roadside assistance I won't be using unless absolutely necessary.

Just 2 days ago my boss broke down an had to wait 30min to be towed... Not because they we busy or there was traffic... But because the company was that far away.

My spare should be close enough for me to get home and put 4 same sized tires on.

I have the OEM spare that came with the car. Stock size is 205/50 17 and thats the size my snow tires are. My summer wheels are 225/40 18 which are very close.

ok, good.

is it overkill to have locking lugs with spline lugs?

I have 5 different locking McGards on each wheel. So I have 20 different locks, and 20 different keys.

100% protection.

Actually, I don't. I just have one lock on each wheel. But I've always wondered if someone would do that...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 2 weeks later...
I have 5 different locking McGards on each wheel. So I have 20 different locks, and 20 different keys.

100% protection.

Actually, I don't. I just have one lock on each wheel. But I've always wondered if someone would do that...

if i had some Rays or 3k rims i would

• 3 years later...
So what do people do with stock wheels? Just use stock nuts? Stock wheels have a flat seat, right? So using a cone seat lugnut would be a bad idea. I'm now rethinking my stock wheel sitch for winter. Think I need some flat seat spline drives, if they exist.

Archived