LegacyGT.com

street night @ New England Dragway 4/29

brilliant sleeper

Anyone plan on going to the street night this friday? It is my first time dragging and I have some friends with a couple of Mustang GT's and a Fairlane coming up. Let me know if you are going and we can meet up at the track!

A few details:

- Starts at 5pm, ends at 10pm

- $20 fee to drive

- 13.99 or quicker will need to wear a helmet meeting Snell or SFI spec

If you have any other question's I will be happy to answer them. Check out www.newenglanddragway.com for rules and regulation's.

I just want to know what times you get for your 5eat :) I'm long done with dragging.. just been there too many times with faster cars.. the LGT is just my daily driver now with a little oomph. If you need any tips, just ask :) But here's a few....

1) Don't drive in the water box.. you aren't going to do any tire warming, just drive around.

2) Take your time staging.. don't be pressured. <--with that in mind.. if you're last.. they'll start the tree really fast. There are two lights that your tire has to light up.. being 5eat should be easy..

3) Start moving your foot faster than you see the lights.. you're not that fast :)

4) I wouldn't brake boost for the good of your 5eat... I've always noticed a short rolling start then pedal to the metal does best. There are some threads about it.

Keep that sucker pegged until you get well past the signs... and be nice, slow down and watch for the turn.. sometimes you miss seeing what the other car is doing or not doing.. no need for a crash at the end when you turn around... Oh, don't forget to stop by the shack to get your time slip :)

id be down but im gonna replace me turbo and what not first.

what are you replacing with? i am just finishing up with a break-in period with new shortblock, cams , turbo, heads etc. At stage 2.5 at 20 psi peak tapered off to 16 at redline.

I just want to know what times you get for your 5eat :) I'm long done with dragging.. just been there too many times with faster cars.. the LGT is just my daily driver now with a little oomph. If you need any tips, just ask :) But here's a few....

1) Don't drive in the water box.. you aren't going to do any tire warming, just drive around.

2) Take your time staging.. don't be pressured. <--with that in mind.. if you're last.. they'll start the tree really fast. There are two lights that your tire has to light up.. being 5eat should be easy..

3) Start moving your foot faster than you see the lights.. you're not that fast :)

4) I wouldn't brake boost for the good of your 5eat... I've always noticed a short rolling start then pedal to the metal does best. There are some threads about it.

Keep that sucker pegged until you get well past the signs... and be nice, slow down and watch for the turn.. sometimes you miss seeing what the other car is doing or not doing.. no need for a crash at the end when you turn around... Oh, don't forget to stop by the shack to get your time slip :)

Great tips thanks! I hope for good times of course. really wish I would of been more patient and got a manual. Man I miss my 5 spd :/ I will let you know what I run no doubt. I printed out the briefing for newbs at the strip and how to go through the motions to not go in blind-sided.

^ive raced a about 10 different times and i highly recommend going on the last yellow
I am gonna take all the advice any experience track person wants to share I appreciate it.

So, the first street night I race I did pretty well. Best time was a 13.5 at 99mph against a 5.7 gto. He asked for a rematch after the first run which he messed up. The best run of the night was my last run/ third run against him. He lost all three; last two against the gto were close. I took down a couple of gt mustangs as well. I had a very close race with a supercharged grandprix with slicks and a transam. Diesel truck tried it but was stomped. Some diesels I know can run 12's and this guy had a smokestack; guess that's all he had lol. It was a fun night!

Exciting! I'm a little disappointed though that your above post mentions that in addition to your stg 2 you are sporting a new shortblock (although if it's stock then no biggie) But.. cams, turbo, heads etc.. (of course if it's all stock replacements then this defeats my post). That your best was a 13.5. That is still a really respectable time, don't get me wrong.. but I would have thought a little lower close to 12.99 for all those mods.

Glad you had fun, any funny stories of mistakes or anything you experienced as a first timer? :)

Exciting! I'm a little disappointed though that your above post mentions that in addition to your stg 2 you are sporting a new shortblock (although if it's stock then no biggie) But.. cams, turbo, heads etc.. (of course if it's all stock replacements then this defeats my post). That your best was a 13.5. That is still a really respectable time, don't get me wrong.. but I would have thought a little lower close to 12.99 for all those mods.

Glad you had fun, any funny stories of mistakes or anything you experienced as a first timer? :)

Don't be dissappointed then:lol: It is a stock block replacement along with stock turbo. Only mods to affect power are open source tune, Perrin tmic, catless up/dp, and Magnaflow cbe on my 5EAT. No funny stories except I had my slowest run against a fully built civic with gsr tranny(14.1) he got a 13.6. Though my fastest time beat his fastest, just not in that run.

Archived