LegacyGT.com

Swap to Steering Wheel with Audio Controls?

Catbeater

I am looking to do an overall upgrade to the audio system in my car. On the docket are new speakers, adding a sub, and doing the mod to switch out the current OEM climate control/radio with a new double-din Touchscreen Nav...

EDIT:

Where is the cheapest/best place to find the Spec B wheel? Best I have found is from SubaruOEM.com, and that was going to cost 400 dollars with shipping and tax (freakin california...). Anywhere else that would be better?

• 4 weeks later...
Id be interested in this as well.... Im not sure how much of demand there is for these but maybe some junk yards?

I talked to several junk yards, and they all came back with the same answer: They don't sell individual steering wheels, just entire steering columns.

The best bet is to search around on here, or buy a new one. I ended up just going with a Spec B wheel from FredBeanParts, they gave me a good price on it (I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 dollars).

If you have an automatic 2.5 gt legacy it has the shift buttons. You can swap the shift buttons with the audio conrols... so you just need to buy the different buttons. If you have a manual transmission, just find a automatic gt steering wheel and do the same. The buttons run about 75 bucks if im not mistaken, and a used GT steering wheel usualy runs about 150 ish.

Side note... Saw your other thread as well.

I did a Pioneer Avic-X700bt, with subs, audio control's, and the Ipod cable. Works very nicely. And yes the Ipod cable should be more then long enough.

Nice! Thanks for the response... I saw that it said the cord was 1.5m long so I wasn't certain if that was enough. Any other cool tips for the installation?

Archived