LegacyGT.com

Tire pressure issue

EMTry53

Ok, so I got my 09 legacy 2.5i from car sense because of a much needed emergent trade in. Anyways I have the extra full bumper to bumper warranty covering everything but normal maintanence. So my question is, I've had the car for 4 weeks now and twice now

I have added air to all 4 tires but 3 times to the two rear

Tires. No active leaks that I can see or hear. Significant deflations noticed. At first I thought it was the intermittent cold weather after some warmer days that we've had lately. Figured that's why the pressure sensor gauge kept coming on. I'm assuming the tires are the stock tires and the treads are in very condition. Any thoughts? And yes I'm going to get car sense to look at them but I'm curious as to what else this could be....thanks in advance

Odd for such a new car, but have the tires taken off, wheels cleaned and tires remounted. May be leaking around the bead. This happens often on older/corroded wheels.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Yeah. it's the bead I bet. It must be dirty or something. Take it to Discount Tire. They will clean it for you for free! I was doing the same thing as you were Adding air until I finally took it in. Now I don't have to check the air pressure every couple of days!

Archived