LegacyGT.com

Headlight indicator out

The low and high beam lights work, but the dashboard headlight indicator does not turn on when I turn the lights on fully.

I know in some cases unusual activity by certain dashboard lights indicate a problem. Is that what is happening here?

I noticed this right after I had front end work done at the local Subaru dealer. "Front lower bushings" at $211, and "Sway bar in links" at $189. Any connection to the dashboard light problem?

Look and see if you find connector "i1" as from pic below:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/headlight_wiring.PNG

And see if there is a loose wire for pin 27 or 7.

The headlight is presented by a blue LED, and I doubt that it's the LED that's gone but it does happen sometimes and if that's the case you may need a new instrument cluster or find someone skilled at soldering.

But you need to find the "i1" or possibly the "i11" connector and that's probably under the dashboard. The "i11" is on the instrument cluster or close to it.

453747.png

On my '06 Subaru Outback LL Bean sedan, the high beam is represented by a blue dashboard light on the upper right side, which still works.

The headlights are represented by a white/green light on the lower left side.

The headlights work but the dashboard light does not.

Moving the left hand stalk one click turns on a light on the upper right, above what will be the blue high beam when I push the stalk forward after having moved the stalk two clicks.

Ah - I misunderstood you, thought it was the high beam indicator. So it's the green indicator that indicates position lights that doesn't work.

Check fuse #14 and #16 in the fuse box in the driving compartment.

And check the parking light switch on the steering wheel column too. Even if I doubt that it's the problem in this case.

If fuse #16 is dead then you will get a lot of other instrument panel illumination missing too, and if everything else works it should only be the indicator that's out.

Edited by ehsnils
453747.png

• 5 years later...

I actually have this problem with the blue high-beam indicator not coming on in the instrument cluster. It looks like this isn't a fuse problem, but wiring, correct? Where do I find the wiring in the diagram?

My '09 SE has the DRLs deactivated (I pulled the plug on my '06), but I'm not sure if something else had been disconnected before I got the car.

• 5 years later...
I have an 05 LGT, the DTRL’s module was already removed before I bought the car which in my opinion is a good thing. I noticed the other day that my headlights on light in the dashboard wasn’t coming on, I also noticed yesterday that whether I’m in park, reverse, neutral or drive, non of the gear lights where lighting up.