LegacyGT.com

what do i do now

Well I have about $1200 im looking to grt more power out of my car.

Right now I am at a Cobb stage 2

What should I do?

Get bigger injectors/fuel pump...tune and run e85 with stock vf40. Though the turbo is in good shape...no shaft play no oil, but has a lot of miles. Or get a bigger tmic-then tune. Or bnr 16/18g turbo/tune? What supporting mods are NEEDED for that? Or a grimmspeed ported and coated exhaust manifold and highflow crosspipe?

/tune?

Decesions...

Give me some input!

I can maybe get used vf52, injectors/fp, tmic, and tune for that price...maybe, but would my clutch hold up?

Give me your opinions help me learn...please don't be asshats.

Thanks,

adam

Is this the last 1200 your spending on power?

If not then I would say supporting mods like fuel/injectors, FMIC/TMIC would be a good bet to handle your later plans. If your going to go big later make sure the stuff you buy now works with your future plans. Or you will just be selling us your used parts.

If not, I would go with some kind of intercooler top or front your choice, but at stage 2 a TMIC is more than enough at 600ish. Tune 150, leaving you with 450 which I would save the rest for a clutch. It will be little over 1200 but thats just what I would do.

The next money I dump in to my car will be a clutch. Its holding fine at the current power but if I want more, it needs to change.

Suspension? $1200 should cover a Koni/Bilstein build.

Your clutch, if it's stock, won't handle more power than you are making.

Maybe pick up an aftermarket TMIC and get a tune. The OTS map from Cobb is safe-ish, but leaves a lot on the table.

Once you have a TMIC, exhaust, and everything nice and reliable, then a pump, injectors, and a turbo are all that are in your "way" of 300-330whp. And 300-330whp is really an ideal amount of power for a car you expect to be able to drive every day without concern for complete and total meltdown.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

BNR16G and a tune. You don't need any supporting mods beyond the tune. Except maybe reinforcing your TMIC to handle the increase in boost, but you should have done that at Stage 2 anyway. ;)

Maybe I've been reading too much about stock turbo's dying lately but personally I'd get that sucker out of there before it takes your engine with it.

Edit: OK, I just reread the other's recommendations and I agree with BAC5.2 on the clutch and custom e-tune. Maybe add in an IPR or used Perrin or AVO TMIC. I don't know if my Infamous e-tune is more powerful (it sure feels like it!) but it's WAY more fun to drive just due to how smooth the power comes on. It was well worth the money and felt like going to Stage 2 all over again.

Suspension is also an excellent idea.

Archived