LegacyGT.com

19 X 8 +48

GTLIB1

Hi from down under,

Can anyone advise if i will have any issues putting 19 x 8 rims with +48 offset on my MY04 GT. I beleive the distance on the inside of the rim to the strut will be reduced by 6mm and the distance to the guard will increase by 20mm. The car is lowered around 30-35mm.

Has anyone put this size and or offest on there car and if so have they had any clearannce issues with suspension components on the inner or issues with the rim protruding too far from the guard or scrubbing on the outer?

Any assitance or pics would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mat

I would need your stock wheel specs as well as stock tire size.. I am too lazy to look it up myself, but if I look at the total amount of actual changes, then I'll know.. your new tire will determine if the tire size is too big to fit or not. It's possible to fit many different tire sizes to fit on one rim. An 8" rim can fit anything from a 205 wide tire to a 255 wide tire, but it really depends on the actual tire to see if it really does rub.

Since it's an 04, I will have to see what the Japanese fitments have done in the pass with their BE/BH bodies.

Keefe

Keefe

Hi Keefe,

Stock rim is 17 x 7 +55 tyre size is 215/45/17, i would probably go for 225/35/19 to keep the rolling stock within +2.5% of factory.

They are second hand rims, the guy selling them has them on a MY03 STi WRX, i spoke to the manufacturer of the rim and they seem to think i won't have any problems, the wheels are in a different state so to try i have to buy hence wanting some good advice.

Mat

in the USA, 2004 is the older model (BE/BH).. in Japan, 2004 is the new body (BL/BP)... USA didnt get the new body until the MY05 of the BL/BP

Just read off the first few letters of your VIN and I can tell you which body you have.

You can see the differences here:

http://www.worksbell.co.jp/products/legacy/aero/index.html

That's the only way to tell which body you have as the Model year from country to country differ.

Keefe

Keefe

Archived