LegacyGT.com

Goin Goin back back to Cali Cali (recommendations for a vistor)

CB-M3

This will be my 2nd time visiting the west coast. Loved it the first time. Looking for some new stuff to do while visiting a friend out there. He is near Irvine, CA. Basically on vacation for a week to visit a friend that moved out there. Being around philly I need some warmer weather.

Food spots? (any west coast chains or local joints)

Shopping spots? (heard about desert hill, palm springs outlet)

Scenic spots? (i like hiking, beaches, etc)

Beaches? (kind of cold still)

I'm attending Conan O Brien show and possibly the price is right.

This will be my 2nd time visiting the west coast. Loved it the first time. Looking for some new stuff to do while visiting a friend out there. He is near Irvine, CA. Basically on vacation for a week to visit a friend that moved out there. Being around philly I need some warmer weather.

Food spots? (any west coast chains or local joints)

Shopping spots? (heard about desert hill, palm springs outlet)

Scenic spots? (i like hiking, beaches, etc)

Beaches? (kind of cold still)

I'm attending Conan O Brien show and possibly the price is right.

Heh, I grew up in Irvine and went out to Harrisburg for vacation :lol:

If near Irvine

Food spots? In-N-Out Burger comes immediately to mind.

Shopping spots? Irvine Spectrum, South Coast Plaza, Fashion Island (expensive)

Scenic spots? San Clemente has a number of trails near/on the beach

Beaches? Should be warm enough by now. Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Corona Del Mar. Huntington Beach is kinda fun because you can watch the surfers. Most beaches are 30-40 minutes away from Irvine

If you're looking to do an all day beach trip, I like Corona Del Mar. They have beach pits too if you like to BBQ, but you have to get there early (hence plan a day trip).

We also have a number of theme parks. Disneyland is 20 minutes away (depending on traffic), also Knotts Berry's Farm (30 minutes), and Universal Studios / 6 Flags Magic Mountain (1-2 hours).

I always find it hard to suggest food because for whatever reason I think that the same restaurants exist on the East Coast.

We do have good sushi over here though if you like Sushi. Same with Pho (Vietnamese soup). There's always Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles in LA (hour away)

Archived