LegacyGT.com

Trunk options for a JL 10w7 subwoofer (x1)

Soda Popinski

What options are out there for companies or fellow forumers here for a single 10" JL10w7 enclosure? Anyone know a place that makes the fiberglass ones that fit into the side of the trunk or spare tire bay?

10" x 8" mounting depth for this, it's very heavy.

update: I've come across a few manufacturers that have 10" sub sealed fiberglass enclosures, but these are all .75 cubic feet. The 10w7 needs (per recommended specs) 1.25 cubic feet.

I put in a few emails to those vendors and will await the response and post it here incase somoene else is also looking for this kind of box.

Looking for the 10" sub on the driver side trunk wall, and the amp/crossovers on the right, also in the wall set in so the spare tire is still accessable, the trunk is still usable with minimal loss of space, it sounds good and the speakers and equipment is also protected from the trunk contents.

This is a 12'' JL W3v3. Not nearly as deep as a w7 but that is way too much sub for what I was looking for.

As far as directions. I didn't really follow anything. Just went about it and did it my own way.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I got the sub as part of a package deal from someone for $250. I could just sell it and get a smaller sub but I figured I'd just use what I have now. The website says 1.25 cubic feet sealed box (and I don't know if it's easy to port those molded fiberglass boxes.

You will want to get a fibreglass enclosure that has already been built with the correct port length etc.

You can't just add a port onto an enclosure, which is what I am assuming you are thinking of doing, I could have just misread your post though lol.

Archived