LegacyGT.com

What are these lights called?

Santos

Hello,

I want to replace this the ugly yellow bottom light casing on my leggy. However, I'm having trouble finding it online. Are they considered foglights? I've looked on andysautosports and the typical amazon/ebay search but I can't seem to find them..

1999 Subaru Legacy 4DR Sedan 30th. Anniv. Ed.

Thanks for any help guys

-Santos

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s202/DBsantos77/photo-1.jpg

JDM's are nice, and not too hard to mount. Projector lenses, turn helper lights (come on with turn signals and aim off to the side in JDM land, still trying to work out how to wire this up) plus the lenses are glass not plastic, so no more worry with yellowing. only issue is in order to change the bulbs you now have to go in behind the fender liner, i may try to make a "trapdoor" on mine to allow access without having to pop the liner loose.

Ya know,Mequirs and some other companys make a product that you can polish the haze off those lenses.

I was considering that. The thing is that the case was full of water at one point, and has scuffs along the sides, still debating it. The light definitely works but as you can imagine I get a really annoying yellow tint when using it lol.

-Santos

if the yellowing is on the inside i dont think theres much you can do about it. if its on the outside clearing them with a clearing kit would definitely be easier than replacing the fog itself. i cleared mine not too long ago having no idea what i was doing and they're so much better now, especially my fogs.

Most low mounted fog lights I have seen have glass lenses rather than plastic. It looks to me like the integrity of the lamp was violated in some way and it filled with water that caused something in the housing to rust and what you are seeing are rust stains on the inside of the lens. If the lens is glass and does not have a hole in it from a stone, I would think something like CLR (look in the household cleaning products in the store) would remove the rust.
It is still ugly.

well, the problem is the rust tends to actually stain the plastic, so you generally have to remove a certain amount to get down to clear plastic, which is pretty much impossible on the inside, CLR is really just acid that attacks surface rust, doesn't penetrate. I just wish Subaru hadn't cheaped out and given us crappy plastic reflectors when they already HAD glass projectors with nifty turn helper lights (which I am discovering are a pain to wire up properly on our cars)

Archived