LegacyGT.com

Factory fill on 5th gen LGT 6MT

helicooper

Does anyone know if Subaru is putting extra s as factory fill for the 5th gen LGT?

Thanks

No they are not. I was at the dealer the other day asking about the hard shift 1-2 and asked if they could put it in under warranty and hey said no. They are using full synthetic in the crank case for 2011 though. I'm going to change my trans oil though the tech suggested using 1-2 qt's of Redline and the rest royal purple.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

• 4 months later...

Thread revive. My car seems to be getting worse, can't get 1st gear. Redline or extra S?

I have seen both ways, extra s is or isn't the factory fill. If its not then what is it? Do they have two fluids available at from the dealership?

Take it to the dealer. Car is under warranty, make them fix it.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

No they are not. I was at the dealer the other day asking about the hard shift 1-2 and asked if they could put it in under warranty and hey said no. They are using full synthetic in the crank case for 2011 though. I'm going to change my trans oil though the tech suggested using 1-2 qt's of Redline and the rest royal purple.

Use royal purple at your own risk. I've had bad experiences with that fluid. I'd use redline and motul, personally.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I've been running royal purple since about 10k with no issues. Shifts seem smoother.

That being said, royal purple probably wouldn't have been my fist choice, but it was the only synthetic fluid my local parts store had 4 quarts of.

Archived