LegacyGT.com

Curbage, Toe is out, wont allign per spec

smoker

Background, 06 OBXT, winter time in the snow I hit hit a curb around 20-25 mph and scuffed the Right Rear wheel. No allignment problems, still tracked straight. Had struts, rear shocks and Ralitek rear springs installed and did not notice any pulling left.

Had tires installed two days later, and Tire/Allignment shop said the adjustment is maxed out and were afraid of breaking the adj bolts. I am now at .14(spec is 0.00- -.13).

Rear

R Toe .14(Spec 0.00- -.13.)

R Rear Camber -0.5 in spec

L Rear Camber -0.8 in spec

L Toe -.10

total toe .04 (spec is -.25-0.00)

thrust angle -.12 in spec

thrust angle -.12 in spec Symtoms-pulling left......

As for the shop, do I trust them 100%, no, but I have trust issues. Yes, I really need to find a good alignment shop.

Question, if my adj is truley maxed out, what component or part could be tweaked enough so toe cannot be adjusted?

***Update #1 4/16, weird could not see your posts yesterday. thought that was odd. Note-specs per shop print out.

Front

R front Camber .6 spec .2 to 1.2

L front Camber .5 spec .2 to 1.2

R front Caster 5.0 spec 5.7 to 4.2

L front Caster 5.1 spec 5.7 to 4.2

L front Toe .01 Spec 0.08 to -.08

R front Toe -.02 Spec 0.08 to -.08

total toe .00 spec is -.17 to .17

steer ahead .01 spec -.05 to .05

I tried swapping right side front to back because they put the curbage wheel was up front, and because I also had a vibration too. That eliminated the vibration, but will have them rebalance that wheel.

Will try the lft to right swap...

****4/16 update #2

Prior to change:Pulled hard to left

Swapped front tires Left to right

Now there's a pull to the right, but not as hard.

So does that mean the now front right tire needs to be rebalanced or remounted?

****0416 update#3

Tireshop ordered a new tire to replace the Right front.

I verified all the tires were made in 2010.

Thanks for you help!

I don't think that rear toe is going to cause a pull. 1st thing I would do is swap the frt tires left to right and see if the pull changes or goes away. If it does, you have a tire problem.

I'd be interested in seeing your frt alignment specs.

also most places will align the front to the back, so the car can track straight, the wheels are pointed in one direction, the steering wheel is straight and the car's body is driving diagonal. I say diagonal but its very marginal unless it is an extreme case which I have seen once

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

^^^ That is correct only if the shop has a newer rack system. It looks at rear thrust angle and compenstates for the front so the wheel will be centered.

The best alignment system I have used is the Hunter WinAlign with the laser target wheel sensors.

your front specs are awesome.

i would not be concerned with the R/Rear toe being 0.01 off at all, but am I reading this right that your L/Rear toe is -0.10 when specs are supposed to be 0 to 0.13?

forget your r/rear and figure out whats wrong with the left

Archived