LegacyGT.com

GX-204LE radio

Salsoul

• 1 year later...
this is a thread revival, I know, but i have this radio and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to get it to work? I've attempted to contact SVXdc a number of time with our success. This radio has the same Kenwood climate controll module as the AVO. Any ideas?

I've only ever heard of that stereo in THIS thread.

It's a european unit. I think there's some info in there about getting it to work. Ping member julianfast as well as he got one to raid so he could get the Caska unit working.

Cheers!

Oh yeah, where did you get it?

It's pretty highly sought due to the fact that the HVAC components aren't completely integrated with the stereo functions.

Yeah, I actually got it from ebay. It was shipped from Israel and i figured since it was a left hand drive salvaged car, that it would be plug and play. I actually only paid $150 for it, and the seller refunded my money once I told him it didn't work. I'd feel bad if I got it to work but its just sitting there...and it looks really nice. If i get it working a may just call up the seller (a wrecking yard) and give him his money.

I believe, based on my research, I need the i88 plug adapter. But SVXdc hasn't returned my pvt's, posts, or emails. I hope he's ok.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I finally got in contact with him and everything worked out perfect...well...kinda perfect. The only problem is that the head unit i got didn't have the actual plug for the radio antenna because it was cut off by the seller. So I just figured i could just splice it into my car and boy was i wrong. There's a reeeaaaally thin wire inside of the casing and thers no way i can solder or combine the wiring and i haven't looked up what to do. But as far as svxdc, everything worked out great!

There's a reeeaaaally thin wire inside of the casing and thers no way i can solder or combine the wiring and i haven't looked up what to do. But as far as svxdc, everything worked out great!

It's a coaxial cable, you would need a coax crimper. Previous owner was a dick.

• 2 months later...

Archived