LegacyGT.com

Thoughts on Bully Clutch

jcdennis

When my OEM clutch started slipping a little less than a year ago I decided to “future proof” the car and go with a Bully Clutch Stage 2/4 hybrid. As noted by other members here it was a great setup for DD while in theory providing a solid jump in longevity vs. the stock unit.

However, it’s now started slipping and both the shop that installed it and Bully are working with me to get it replaced. The car is only stage 1 at present, with the maximum amount of power upgrades I’d consider would be a BNR16g on pump gas. Bully is suggesting I go with their stage 3, which to me is WAY overkill.

As noted I DD the car, and my wife drives is fairly regularly as well. From what I’ve read if anything I’m leaning more to going to a stage 1 clutch as this was my first experience with a Kevlar clutch and given the need for this posting I’m obviously not too excited about them.

The shop has suggested I think about a standard stage 2 setup but when I mentioned my thoughts on the organic faced stage 1 thought I should ask people who may have driven the different stages installed in an LGT and get their suggestions… so here I am.

Does anyone (especially those who sometimes share their vehicle with a “significant other”) have any thoughts?

(Sorry for being so long winded. :redface:)

Archived