LegacyGT.com

Possible issues?

Today as I was merging onto the freeway I was in 5th gear at approx 3500RPM and WOT when the car shuddered, similar to what it feels like hitting a shallow pothole at speed. I immediately let off the gas, and out of curiosity (as the road didn't have any potholes), went WOT in the same gear and RPM in order to confirm it was the car only to get 3-4 of the same shudders/thumps. While there was no audible thumping/pinging noise, I did get a few lights on the dashboard... the VDC light was on, CHECK ENGINE was flashing, and the next to the odometer was flashing (no flashing Cruise light though). The odd part about this is that as I was in the process of changing lanes to pull over, all the lights went away and the car drove normally. I tried going WOT in 6th gear and got the same shudder, but the car pulled cleanly when I didn't go WOT.

I have no idea what it feels like but could it have been detonation? Was it something else?

Stock 07 Spec.B, except for a CBE and a Perrin panel filter. Ambient temp ~72F, dry pavement, gas tank 3/4ths full with Chevron 91oct (been using the same grade and same station for the past 1k miles without issue).

Tune up?

Update: I got the flashing Cruise light with the steady VDC and Check Engine lights. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

edit: Used the built in code reader to read the codes. P0302, P0000 (a quick search suggests this might be nothing), ABS code C0072... weird.

Archived