LegacyGT.com

Removed intercooler, can't get it to seal properly now

Replaced the rubber gasket at the inlet on the IC from the turbo, no luck. Checked all the connections (recirc valve and hose clamp on hose to intake manifold). Have tried different methods of running the bolts down tight thinking it was squashing the gasket unevenly at the turbo/IC flange. No luck with that either.

Checked the T valve under it, all looks fine.

This happened after loosening (but not removing) the IC from the turbo to see if there was any oil in it (was having P0011 issues).

What am I missing? Wooshing sound seems to be coming from turbo side of the car, around that area.

I no longer have my stock IC, but when I upgraded to the IPR, it came with a hard plastic gasket that does very little good. So I went to Autozone and got a paper gasket thing (not sure what it was for exactly, but not IC specific) and coated it in copper create-a-gasket sealant stuff. Haven't had any boost leak issues yet with over 2k miles on the setup running 18.5psi.
It's cool; I'm with the band

Apparently there is a thermostat gasket that works perfectly and is reusable. You'd have to search for the thread with the part number though.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 7 years later...

Archived