LegacyGT.com

Just found this!

Mods feel free to move or delete if it is a repost or redundant. Lots of good info on the factory configuration for the 2005 Legacy.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/legacy/legacy2005.html

also, if you'll notice that about 3/4 of the way down the page under Interior features, sub-category "model reminder", it says that the GT has an alarm system with audible chirp thats "easy to disable". Im guessing that is referring to a chirp when you lock/unlock the car with the keyless entry remote. My car only "chirps" if I lock the doors with the driver door open and then shut it. When I use the keyless entry system, the only indication I get that the doors did in fact lock/unlock is the a single or double flash of the parking lights. Does anyone know how to enable the chirp? Thanks in advance.

what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

The instructions aren't on either of the keyfobs for my '06 OBXT, but it is in the manual. If you don't have (or don't feel like reading) your manual, the steps to disable the chirp can be found found in the thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/disabling-audible-chirps-arming-disarming-alarm-16160.html?t=16160&highlight=disable+alarm+chirp

OK, I checked the manual - it is different on my 06, I had to sit in the driver's seat, hold the unlock switch up on the driver's door and put the key in the ignition and take it out at least 6 times in 10 seconds, then open and close the driver's door. Worked like a charm!

If it's like most things, reverse the process to reverse the outcome.

Read the manual and its actually pretty easy. All you have to do (for an '05 anyway) is unlock all the doors with the keyless entry remote and then depress the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for 2 sec. and youll hear a chirp letting you know that it has been enabled. Same thing to disable only this time youll hear 2 chirps letting you know that its disabled.
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Archived