LegacyGT.com

How much should I pay for a new Legacy 2.5i Limited in Pittsburgh?

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here and looking for a little advice. I've got an older 3 series BMW that I'm giving to my little brother who just turned 16. I'm glad to get rid of a car that needs constant pampering. I need AWD and a bit of luxury too.

I test drove (twice) and liked the new Limited Legacy. But given the Japan tragedy, I have no idea how much I should pay. I was going to use Consumer Report's feature where you pay $15 or so bucks to be told what a fair offer is. Japan might be throwing things out of whack; the guy I test drove it with called me and said the chances weren't good he'd be able to get more in the colors I like. Obviously I don't know if he's bullshitting me or not.

I went into it thinking I'd want the 3.6 but on my second test drive I gunned the 2.5 up a huge hill. It wasn't as smooth as my current car but it did a helluva lot better than I would have expected. I do a lot of city driving so I'd take a huge hit on mileage if I went with the 3.6.

Factors: I have excellent credit and might pay cash. But I also might not and take the 2% financing offer they have right now which beats inflation. I was told (again, who knows how truthful) that color selection would star getting limited due to Japan.

The closest dealership, Day Subaru in Pittsburgh, has several 2.5i Limiteds in stock and a couple in the Graphite Gray. I don't mind traveling to other dealers either, in about a 75 mile radius.

I'd like the Ruby Red pearl, the Azurite Blue Pearl or the Graphite Gray metallic, with the last being my favorite. I would settle for a Black one as well, but they seemingly only have tan leather. The only add-on I want is I the power moonroof. I would want the remote engine starter IF I would void the warranty by getting my own installed elsewhere. I assume I wouldn't need to get it installed at the factory and could instead get the remote starter installed by the dealership.

If new cars are at a premium, I wouldn't mind picking up this little puppy either. So offer your advice as to 1) how much I should pay for a new 2.5i Limited Legacy + power moonroof and possibly engine starter and 2) if you think I should go with the 2010 model linked to.

Thanks for your help in advance!

When we were looking for our car, there was one in Pittsburgh and one in Harrisburg.

The Harrisburg dealer gave us a better deal.

If you want the internet sales manager PM me. Doesn't hurt to see what they'll do.

Archived