LegacyGT.com

4th genners - any love for the KYB struts?

HCF

Would love to run the bilsteins.. but they are a bit out a reach in my budget. I have about 90k on my car now, and I'm starting to notice a little more of a "buick" ride. Ive done monroe/ gabriel type struts in the past, and they seem to be good products for a daily driver, but I wouldnt mind something just a hair stiffer. Ive never run them, are they junk? OK for the money? Just get factory replacements and shut up until I can afford some good performance struts?

Thanks for the input.

AGX's have always been recommended on the RS boards due to there adjustability and great price.

I'm unsure if they have a legacy version though.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

If you plan to keep the car for 60K miles or more, just invest in the Bilsteins and start with the Front and do the rears the next time you get a tax refund or come across some extra dough. If you go with KYBs, you'll get the itch to upgrade eventually and you'll spend even more when you finally get the Bilsteins. Love my Bilstein HDs in my Audi, awesome improvement in handling and no downside to comfort. As others said, KYB is like stock and I think OEM. My 06 Legacy GT only has 29k miles, but when I get to 60k plus, the Bilsteins are going in.

The KYBs GR2s are a great replacement for stock and have a slightly stiffer ride. They are inexpensive and are a direct replacement. If you are going to go for Bilstiens might as well go for Konis and get the adjustability and lifetime warranty associated with them.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Archived