LegacyGT.com

Alignment issue

1astrokeit

UPDATE: just got back from alignment n I got -1.5 n zero toe in front. Got zero toe in rear but the lowest neg camber I could get was -1.3 on driverside n -1.2 on pass side. Should I invest in the rear camber kot from whiteline?

I installed a set of konis along with tein s-techs springs. I also installed the whiteline roll center and bump steer kit. Everything went well except for getting the ball joints out, but after everything was installed I went to get it aligned. I told them to get it back to stock specs. The car was there for 4 hrs and no phone call, so I called to see if it was done and they said its done. I go to pick it up and they say I need camber bolts. Ok sounds reasonable so I order a set from a local speed shop. I picked them up and went to put them in and the bolts were swimming in the hole. After talking to dan at fred beans he said that with the car being lowered you dont want the factory specs. Anyone know what kinda of specs im looking for? The camber is at -1.10 and caster is like -6.20 in the front. The bacl looks like they got it back to factory. By the way I took the car to ntb.

Camber

-1.5 front

-1 back

Someone is running -2 front and -1.5 rear without any wear issues at all - this is what I want

Toe

0 front and back

caster doesnt matter as much as you can but dont remember pos or neg - I dont remember which direction is which

Guessing its neg cause of your spec you said

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Caster won't be the same side-to-side. That's nothing to worry about.

It depends on how you drive the car. I'd probably run something like -1.75º camber in the rear, -1.5º in the front, zero toe or a little bit of toe-in in the rear (0.01º max).

That'll result in a pretty neutral handling car that understeers at the limit, just like a good street car should. It'll be less tail happy in the wet/snow, but it'll allow you to use the throttle to rotate the car when you want and be much more forgiving to street driving (things like emergency lane changes and the like).

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

It is positove caster. I misread the sheet. Onside reads 6.06 and the other is 6.33. Is that good? If I change the camber to what underground said will the caster change?

Your caster is fine.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

IMO You should be fine

Tim: I was able to get max -1.2 front camber up front with stock bolts (One side was able to get -1.5, but other was -1.2 so I matched the sides) stock height

You will gain neg camber in rear when you are lowered

Did you do this with the OEM bolts?

I'm going to try and get as much negative camber i can get out of them hopefully -1.5 all the way around with 0 toe

yes i got all this with the stock bolts. im debating on whether to install the rear camber kit from whiteline or not.

yes i got all this with the stock bolts. im debating on whether to install the rear camber kit from whiteline or not.

Do you have the kit? If you do will you have to pay for an realignment? Also keep in mind it is a pita to install the bolts - as in it is much easier to use a press to install them

Your rear camber specs is fine. What are you shooting for?

Running -1.5 in rear will not cause uneven wear...so -1.3/-1.2 is fine

I would have gotten -1.0 in the front, and -1.2 in the rear.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Do you have the kit? If you do will you have to pay for an realignment? Also keep in mind it is a pita to install the bolts - as in it is much easier to use a press to install them

Your rear camber specs is fine. What are you shooting for?

Running -1.5 in rear will not cause uneven wear...so -1.3/-1.2 is fine

No I didnt purchase the kit. Someone mentioned to run -1.75 in the rear. I know they are a pita thats why I asking is it even worth getting the kit amd struggling putting it in just for another .5 degree

No, but more camber in the front than the rear makes for a more stable driving car on the street. If you aren't racing it, you want understeer at the limit. The last thing you need happening is to twitch the wheel at 80mph to avoid something that jumps out, and lose control in the subsequent tail-whips.

Whoops, I made a mistake. More camber in the rear than the front makes for a more stable car.

It's personal preference, but I prefer predictability out of a street car.

Like Bac said its all personal preference.

I have nothing to say since I have not been into this - no experience, just research

I say do not worry about getting more negitive camber, save the money for something else. Unless you plan on tracking it a lot. As a daily driver its good enough

Whoops, I made a mistake. More camber in the rear than the front makes for a more stable car.

It's personal preference, but I prefer predictability out of a street car.

It's a lot more than camber:)

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

It's a lot more than camber:)

That's right. It's all the other stuff I mentioned in an earlier post.

• 4 weeks later...

I read several threads and need some help on the specs for alignment. I have an 05 LGT with stock struts and Epic engineering springs. I've read to get as much negative camber as possible. My car is a daily driver (alot of highway driving) so I want good tire wear.

Any help is appreciated!

Archived