LegacyGT.com

ACC Err and PASS AIRBAG LEDs illuminated at all times

I have a 2005 Legacy GT Limited (116,xxx) I have driven this car the last 75k miles with only a power failure in the radio\climate controls. This car runs great and I hope to get another 100k miles out of it.

I noticed a 2 weeks ago when I disengage the alarm and enter the vehicle I'm getting a blinking "ACC" light on the info screen. This sometimes is followed by an "Err" after ACC blinks 7 times or so. At the same time my Pass Air bag LED stays illuminated at all times now, even when I depart and engage the alarm. The weight sensor still detects heavier objects and will engage the passenger airbag when sitting in the passenger seat. The blinkers do work when the car is off and no key in the ignition. Seems like this discrepancy is growing by the day. I have posted this in the interior\audio section but no one responded. I read somewhere that some folks even took their car to the dealer and after a week the techs couldn't even find it. Has anyone else encountered this?

**Update**

I just went out of town and had to park my car for 5 days. Of course this issue drained my battery dead. I feel like it could be some sort of relay that is stuck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this seems to be a growing problem mine has same issues and also the headlighton indicator is on when car is running (headlight off, drls off by brake etc) in the upper right of cluster.

one person said a new tire pressure monitor unit fixed his! but unable to verify

• 1 month later...
I took it to the dealership today and they are giving me crap about having HID lights and that is what the "Subaru tech" said needs to be restored before they move on. GOD I hate stealerships. Is there anyone that lives near Florida that can fix this issue. This is causing my car to become a lemon....

I don't have any experience with subaru air bag systems, so take what I suggest with a grain of salt. I was a VW tech. We ran into similar problems with the passenger side PODS (passenger occupant detection system) VW warranty replaces the entire pods. (as a rule if its warranty airbag issue, replace replace replace replace) Perhaps the module for that unit is fidgity, a bad ground. Hope this small info from a different brand helps a little.

Ok mine is fixed this problem is with the tirepressure momitor system. croooisn on the plug and in the box of vehicles equiped with it.

If your car does not have tpms it still has the plug under the drivers seat ou have to cut off the plun and cap the wires and it will go away.

if you do have tpms xt, llbean and vdo then take it apart ad=nd trur to clean it of else replace the unit and clean or replace plug. hope this helped

Archived