LegacyGT.com

need input, bent valves

KRM

my 05 gt has bent valves in the drivers side cyl head. wanting to fix this myself so im gathering info. Ordering head gaskets and valve cover gaskets (felpro), 4 intake, 4 exh valves. If theres anything else im missing here let me know.......oh, if any exp locals feeling froggy, I can supply beer for the help

Ponca city ok. been reading on the studs. Alot of ppl say dont have to some do? And whats your opinion on getting new valves from napa?

As an owner of a shop who builds over 150 Subaru engines each year I would HIGHLY suggest getting new head studs. If you have the money, pick up some ARP head studs and be done with it. If you don't have the money, stick with OEM (even though there isn't that much of a price difference between the two). And as far as valves, if the Napa valves are the exact same part number as the OEM valves, then go a head. If you need any parts, feel free to give me a call (469-277-3001) and I can point you in the right direction or get them ordered for you so that you know you are getting the right stuff. Good luck with the build and let me know if I can help you out in any way.

~Mary

Thank you. if the option were to arise that all I can do is take the heads off, can I send them to you for repair? Im worn out from research and collecting more things to take care of almost hrly. Im still ordering the felpro head gasket kit cause it seems to be a more complete kit. Pm me with some options and ill more than likely take them.

Valve seals and cam seals, your going to need to lap the valves into the seats as well as chk the guides for damage and verify proper valve clearance. Head bolts are reusable, I've done it a dozen times. Forget ARP studs, just go with OE bolts. Oh, and some Fuji bond for the cam cages and VC corners.

• 2 weeks later...

well things are moving slower than I orig planned. My leggy is under a car port, and the weather couldnt have better timing. tornado, wind damage and half my motor is taken apart to boot.

Just got my cam pully tools thurs of last week from amsperformance, nice tools and more than likely selling these after im done with this project. I also wanted to ask if anybody was against using the felpro head gasket kit?

Ive done so much searching on this and feel conf I can pull it off, but I need the exp on here to keep my lgt. Love the car hate the maintaining of it...

Archived