LegacyGT.com

Strange p0607 issue. Insight/thought appreciated

WANTED

I haven't been on for a while, but am having an issue and was wanting to see if the ECU gurus might be able to help me figure this one out.

I have an 05 LGT auto that I decided to build. Nothing too crazy (for me at least) but am running into a strange issue.

I got the car tuned using ecu flash/rom raider on the dyno from an extremely reputable tuner. From start to finish, the tune went perfect and laid down what I felt was decent power across the the board. However, as soon as I took it off the dyno and put the car on the street, I went right into limp mode and flashed P0607.

Tried seeing if maybe the flash was corrupted and uploaded it again, same issue.

For shits and giggles, went back to the bone stock map, and zero issue. Can't get the car to throw a code to save my life.

Go back to the flashed map, code as soon as I give it 10% throttle.

Now this code is somewhat rare from all the research I've done. Cobb has had this issue early on and ended up replacing the ecu on the car they were working on. According to Subaru, this code indicates a rapid voltage drop caused by the drive-by-wire, ecu, or the grounds. According to my local Subaru Dealer (who's also an avid enthusiast), it's supposedly an issue within the stock flash that can be remedied with a stock flash update.

I'm not convinced with either of these theories and am pondering the following:

1. Could this be an actual ground issue (maybe the need to add more engine grounds)?

2. Could there be something my tuner and I missed within the ecu's tables regarding voltage?

3. Would I be having this issue if I was using an accessport instead with a protune?

My current working theory is that the dyno and wideband created an additional ground while we were tuning. However, I'm open to thought/suggestions. Has anyone seen or run into this issue before? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

What's the calibration ID of the ROM you're running now?

Open it in EcuFlash, it'll be under the "ROM Info" section, and it will look something like A2WC510N, or A2WC522N, or something similar.

Those are the two IDs I've used, and I didn't get that CEL with either of them.

• 1 month later...
Well, it ended up being an ECU issue. It simply crapped out completely and stopped communicating altogether. New ecu is on the way. Thanks to everyone who gave me input.

Archived