LegacyGT.com

How much did you pay for a 2.5 i LTD?

elle

I decided that i really don't have the money to buy a GT, especially since I'm just outta college with no real income until August. I know most of you are buying GTs, but what would you say is a good offer price, and a good maximum price to set for myself when going in to negotiate this car? It would especially help if you could tell me how much you paid for this car + incentives, etc etc. This is my first time buying a car if you couldn't tell! Also, as a college student, i can combine incentives and low apr. i haven't kept an eye out for apr rates. Is this a good deal for me now? or should i wait until later when they're changing over for 2006 models?

Thanks so much for all your help! :D

i havent bought one yet - but when I do it'll be a GT.

What you can do is go to subaru.com and search for the inventory for the dealer near you. Once you find the car, the site allows you to ask questions to that specific one you pick out. What I did was went to carsdirect.com and compare their price and ask the dealer if they would match their price with cardirect's. Dont tell them how much you're being quoted from carsdirect - wait until they give you the price.

I was quoted at $25,757 after the $1500 rebate on the GT Limited - 500 bucks less than carsdirect.com's price. Dont know if that's the best deal - but at least you wont be overpaying for it. Others to consider is financing - Subaru has decent deal right now - 1.9% for 48months; though I wish it's 0% financing like I paid on our Mazda MPV.

of course cash deals speak the strongest. if not, just tell them to give you what their best price is and keep them interested. dont appear excited or they'll have a feeding frenzy on your anxiety to buy!

don't tell them what your budget is. then they try to sell you something at exactly that price, no lower. tell them you're looking for the best value. with cars sales persons its always a game and I HATE it. i emailed every dealer in CA from subarus website. i went to a few dealers in person and always felt like i was dealing with some money hungry vulture. emailing the internet sales guys was so much easier. it also filters out the bads guys...and i met many.

i told them exactly what i wanted. if there's options or anything you can be flexible on then you can get better prices. then as prices started coming in. i told the others that seemed to want to deal. the quotes started to get lower and lower. then just as i was giving up, i finally accepted a quote that was $1200 below everybody else. oh and always tell them to give you an OTD (out the door) price. that way there's no "opps, we also have this and that dealer fees" don't let them sucker you into that one.

btw: autowest subaru in roseville ca (eric) had the best deal that i just couldn't refuse. The worst service and bad attitude was mike schwartz of stevens creek subaru. the dude was downright rude and offensive. do not use him.

also, if your heart is set on a GT, there's plenty of used inventory of those right now. check out kellybluebook.com. they have tons of used GTs all with about 8k miles or less.

i was almost going to buy a limited garnet red GT, with auto for $25,500 OTD with only 7K miles. thats with CA tax of 8.25 % !!!! tempting, but i decided i didn't need the hi-perf turbo nor the lower MPG and higher insurance costs. its end of the year the dealers are looking to unload their inventory big time. deals are out there if you can negotiate and play it cool!

I purchased my 2.5i Ltd (Regal Blue) 5MT in Feb. I got them down to 23K even. I was told that is a little below invoice (not sure if that is true or not), it did have the all-weather mats (which are awesome). Overall though I am happy w/ the deal I got. I also got the 1.9% financing for 63 months. I paid $1195 for the extended 5yr/100,000 mile warranty for a totaly monthly pymt of $434.00. What hurt me was the 4K I was upside down when I traded my Altima in, or I would have definately gotten a GT. My 5K down pretty much went to the trade :mad:

the

2.5i (manual) base @ MSRP = 21,445 and there was a 1,000$ incentive

2.5i ltd (manual) base @ MSRP = 24,695 - $1,000 incentive

2.5gt (manual) base @ MSRP = 26,245 - $1,000 incentive

2.5gt ltd (manual) base @ msrp = 28,745 - $1,000 incentive

most dealers I spoke with are going for about an additional 1,000 off msrp

add + ~1,200 for auto on all cars

btw 23,000 is close to invoice (as listed by edmunds) on the 05 2.5i ltd 5mt so that was a good deal, I'm not sure what/if there were dealer incentives in your area back then.

I was told there were no dealer incentives at that time, just the 1.9% financing. I am happy overall, just kinda pissed that I was so upside down on my trade or I would be sportin' a GT.

My parents looked at a 2.5i LTD and were told they couldn't buy it for less then $26,350. The sales guy couldn't believe my parents didn't jump all over his $494 for 60 months offer. They already have a 04 35th Anniv sedan with payments more than $100 less for the same terms. Then the guy said the can get closer to what they pay now by getting the base. It still would have been $40-50 more then their car and had less options.

The moral of my story is AVOID Dan Perkins Subaru in Milford, CT

Tell your parents to take a trip to Wappingers Falls Subaru in NY. It's about a 70 mile drive but they may get a much better deal. For what that other dealer quoted them for a 2.5i ltd, they can buy a GT.

how does this deal sound?

22,300 on a 2.5i limited sedan.

no options.

Damn, if I had that deal, I would have ran with it. My limited had 3 options on it, dimming mirror, armrest and locking lug nuts. Of hand right now, I think I paid 24,700 or so but thats with tax title and so on.

You should talk to Viperenvy he is a dealer in Quincy when I am ready to buy I will most likely go to him. I have checked him out and you get a pretty sweet deal seeing as he is a partner dealer here. Quick question how much mileage does this car have?

well here's the catch...

i'm not in boston yet... so i'm trying to buy the car online and the dealer is telling me that he has to get the car from the port... (does this mean ordering? cuz i wasn't sure what this meant) and doesn't have a vin number or mileage for me yet....

this is my first time buying a car and go figure, it has to be online.... so i dont' know anyone who has done this before, so i have no guidance. any help anyone?

Archived